Carnival Spirit Cruise Review by ladylioness

Cruise Date: August 2010
Embarkation: Seattle
Destination: Alaska
Cabin Category: 4C
See More About: Carnival Spirit Cruise Reviews | Alaska Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals

Experienced good and bad with Carnival
Background Info-I'm 26 and single from the Bahamas traveling with a group of people who wanted to experience Alaska. I was not thrilled about seeing Alaska and dealing with the cold weather however I wanted to experience a Carnival cruise ship.

Hotel- We stayed in Seattle two days before the cruise at the Marriott Residence Courtyard ( I think that's the name). It was a beautiful hotel with a very nice breakfast and lunch buffet. When in Seattle we visited the marketplace and the space needle.

Embarkation - We went to the port in a private limo service. The line was long however it moved quickly we got our sign and sail cards and were off to the ship. Very smooth embarkation.

The Ship- We headed straight to the lido deck for lunch. The ship was beautiful and easy to get around. Every area had a nice design loved the pharaoh design and the jungle design very creative. Our room was nice and always clean with the most nicest room Stewart. However my roommate's luggage was damaged and she went to complain because she wanted to be compensated for it. Didn't stay in the room much who goes on a cruise to stay in their rooms? Lines were long on the lido but I must admit it was organized and moved quickly but the staff at the lido deck were unfriendly didn't smile and sometimes I felt they didn't even want to be there.

Activities - There was a lot of bingo and trivia games not my thing kind of boring to me. The cruise director Stu was really boring for me I heard the Caribbean cruise activities are much more exciting. The show time at night was boring I didn't know why everyone was so excited about it. Karaoke with Joy was OK but Joy was just not good at hosting it. The club played out of date music wont be going back to the club on the ship anytime soon. The comedy clubs were good and really packed you need to go early to get a good seat people were standing up and almost out the door trying to get in. Future Carnival Vacations were good you can get up to $200 on your future carnival cruise its valid for five years. The hairy chest contest was entertaining and funny. There is also nice shops on board that ladies might enjoy.

Service - The only good service I got was from my room Stewart other than that the service SUCKED. No one was smiling, the staff answer you short when you ask a question and sometimes they completely ignored me. Everyone walking around and no one asking anyone if they want to purchase a drink. At the end of the cruise they had some stuff I purchased on my roommates bill.

Ports - I must admit Alaska is a beautiful place with fascinating scenery you could just stare at the mountains and glaciers for hours in amazement. However it was hard to stay on the deck because it was very cold. We were not fortunate enough to have just a little sun. In Skagway we did a tour around town which visited one of their graveyards and they did a little show for us. It was ok and within our budget but it was cold. Juneau was rainy we did a tour here that took us to see how they pine for gold in the mountains and it took us to a stream to see salmon. In Ketchikan I think this is where we visited the totem pole park wasnt exciting. We sited a bear but from far away. In Victoria the ship docked at 7:30 and left at 11:00 we didnt have time to do anything but walk around at night. It is beautiful and very clean.

Dining - The posh dining room was a nightmare. The waiters didnt even give me time to order they just rushed me and didnt bring me what I wanted. The food was cold by the time it reached me anyway. On the lido they had a taste of nations every night I enjoyed every nation and its unique food.

Disembarkation - It was smooth we found our luggage right away and headed for the airport.

Summary - The ship was lovely the staff made my life on the ship hell but the ports were nice and it was a totally good experience thanks be to God. I will try Carnival cruise one more time to see if my experience will be different. Next I'm trying Norwegian.

Publication Date: 04/22/12
Read the Alaska ports review by ladylioness
More Carnival Spirit Cruise Reviews