“First fantastic cruise Indepence of the Seas.”
Cruise review of Royal Caribbean Independence of the Seas

A.carpenter Independence of the Seas 5 First fantastic cruise Indepence of the Seas.
A.carpenter
Member Since
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
We decided for my 40th birthday and 10th wedding anniversary we would take a family cruise,which one?.Taking 2 children we wanted to get it right,the choices i had were p&o ventura or Independence of the seas.After speaking to friends and watching the childrens faces as the climbing wall and flowrider came up there was for me no contest.Finally the big day had came and i was still abit apprehensive i needn,t of worried.The childrens clubs were very good.my 8 year old went to his club and my 13 year old went to her club(fuel)when she wanted to.Before sailing my teenager said:Kids club!!!!I m not being palmed off in any kids club!!!:After 11 days at sea she had realised kids club wasnt so bad,she was free to come and go as she wanted and made loads of friends.My 8 year old enjoyed the cruise so much he wanted to stay for another 6 weeks!!!.They both really enjoyed the flowrider which was very well ran and the climbing wall.they also played mini golf and table tennis,they found free time for ice skating and watching a movie in the cinema. All the staff were very friendly the food in king lears restaurant was fantastic.We were very lucky to get 2 superb waiters Fernando and Rudolph 5star service all the way made us all feel very special,nothing was too much trouble.Prior to boarding I had informed the children we were going to be in an inside cabin(abit like a cupboard was my explaination).to be honest.We were pleasantly surprized,my cupboard was very nice and not at all what i had expected it to be like.Very well equipped with minibar,ensuite bathroom,hair dryer tv vanity desk large wardrobe what more do you need in a room where you sleep.surprizing very well sound proofed as well. The entertainment on board was a great mix for everyone,musicals,magicians,singers,dance shows etc.Paul Zirden off Royal variety show.We thoroughly enjoyed every show.The promenade shows/events were all very good too most of the guests were all singing and dancing and there was a really good party atmosphere. Overall lots to do for everyone cant wait to save and go again and the children have said the same.Happy kids means happy parents.
Independence of the Seas Cruises to Canary Islands
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Family Interior Stateroom

FI1257
CABIN 1257 deck 10,placed quite well for the lift, quiet location.Not the best deck if you suffer sea sickness apparently your better with a lower mid deck.Very well sound proofed.

Port
Great island tour although we thought the courier was on commision from riu hotels and golf courses as she seemed to point them all out.Courier was very informative and quite witty.We travelled all the way down to Puerto Mogan and boy o boy what a pretty place,sunshining lovely beach,pretty streets.Little venice it was called and i totally agree.Great day trip worth every penny.
Mountains of Madeira
A nice taster for a possible return holiday to madeira.scenery stunning road up the mountain if you suffer virtigo dont sit by the window you could regret it.the views from the top very nice.Bit disappointed because this was a very short port stop and lots of passengers agreed they would of liked more time.
City Tour
Cloudy day in Vigo,a coach courier we could hardly understand.On paper the trip sounded very interesting but in reality not very impresssed at all.For what the trip was i think it was very over priced.We had a very short stop at some little market stalls,a look at a church which was pretty covered in scallop shells and a short tour of a soap factory shop then back on thecoach and back to the ship.
Published 04/23/12
Thank A.carpenter
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Independence of the Seas Review
Independence of the Seas Cruises to Canary Islands
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?