Independence of the Seas Cruise Review by A.carpenter

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Independence of the Seas Cruise Review by A.carpenter
Independence of the Seas
Independence of the Seas
Member Name: A.carpenter
Cruise Date: April 2012
Embarkation: other
Destination: Canary Islands
Cabin Category: FI
See More About: Independence of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Canary Islands Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
        7-9 5.0
        13-15 4.0

First fantastic cruise Indepence of the Seas.
We decided for my 40th birthday and 10th wedding anniversary we would take a family cruise,which one?.Taking 2 children we wanted to get it right,the choices i had were p&o ventura or Independence of the seas.After speaking to friends and watching the childrens faces as the climbing wall and flowrider came up there was for me no contest.Finally the big day had came and i was still abit apprehensive i needn,t of worried.The childrens clubs were very good.my 8 year old went to his club and my 13 year old went to her club(fuel)when she wanted to.Before sailing my teenager said:Kids club!!!!I m not being palmed off in any kids club!!!:After 11 days at sea she had realised kids club wasnt so bad,she was free to come and go as she wanted and made loads of friends.My 8 year old enjoyed the cruise so much he wanted to stay for another 6 weeks!!!.They both really enjoyed the flowrider which was very well ran and the climbing wall.they also played mini golf and table tennis,they found free time for ice skating and watching a movie in the cinema.

All the staff were very friendly the food in king lears restaurant was fantastic.We were very lucky to get 2 superb waiters Fernando and Rudolph 5star service all the way made us all feel very special,nothing was too much trouble.

Prior to boarding I had informed the children we were going to be in an inside cabin(abit like a cupboard was my explaination).to be honest.We were pleasantly surprized,my cupboard was very nice and not at all what i had expected it to be like.Very well equipped with minibar,ensuite bathroom,hair dryer tv vanity desk

large wardrobe what more do you need in a room where you sleep.surprizing very well sound proofed as well.

The entertainment on board was a great mix for everyone,musicals,magicians,singers,dance shows etc.Paul Zirden off Royal variety show.We thoroughly enjoyed every show.The promenade shows/events were all very good too most of the guests were all singing and dancing and there was a really good party atmosphere.

Overall lots to do for everyone cant wait to save and go again and the children have said the same.Happy kids means happy parents.

Publication Date: 04/23/12