Carnival Paradise Cruise Review by suefrankw: Better than Expected

Compare Prices on Carnival Paradise Western Caribbean Cruises

Better than Expected

Sail Date: April 2012
Embarkation: Tampa

Just off the Paradise and thought I would give my 2 cents. Traveled with Husband, daughter and her husband and 3 kids (2,4,6 yrs). Quick on & off the ship. We also valet parked which was not expensive and great with the kids.
Liked the decor much better than the Miracle.. That ship gave me a headache everywhere I went.
We have been on several carnival cruises and did not expect much.. Over 20 cruises on other lines. Easy to park in Tampa..only 1 hr from home.
But we were delightfully surprised.Ship was very clean. Dining and room staff very friendly.. but other staff (bar, etc) did not really care if we were on board. Rarely spoke to us.
Loved the small size of the ship. Our stateroom was larger than expected- esp as 2 grandkids in our room. loved the big bathroom and shower.
Food was better than expected but not great. Loved the salad bar at the buffet.very fresh... and deli.... Had anytime dining after much banter with dining room captain (had us set for late More seating & we changed it). dined at 5:45 each eve and no wait. Waiter was NOEL.... he was fantastic in every way. ASK FOR HIM in Elation dining room. Never made it to the mongolian grill. always long lines. I have a gluten free diet and for the most past, the dining room did great (remember to order the day before for dinner menu). Must be proactive with special diet. Choc lava cake was very good. Gluten free food was bland... I will bring my our sauces, bread next time.
Sailed with kids ... years 2,4 and 6 yrs old. They LOVED the kids club. Staff was great here. Main pool area was always crowded but the kid pool on back deck was very nice...quiet.. and roomy.
HATED HATED HATED the 'smoking' casino.... and as it is open to the at deck, when walked by... terrible smoke smell on entire deck. could not gamble due to smell.
Saw the comedian. she was good.did not do fitness classes as they required payment.
Grand Cayman... booked privately tour to stingrays with Capt Frank... he was GREAT. only 12 on the tour.. got great service and the rays & snorkeling was wonderful . he was also great with the kids. Only paid $30 adult and $20 per child. would definitely do again. Did cut into shopping time in Gr Cayman though as day is short.
will definitely sail again. Great for a family. 5 nights was perfect and if booked ahead of time... can not beat rates.. Less

Read more Carnival Paradise cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Paradise Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Paradise Interior Riviera R246

I loved our cabin. Good value..plenty of room, even for 4.. great size bathroom and shower. good size closet and hang area. a little noisy as we were 4a- lowest deck to the rear of ship[, but did not bother us at all.