Disney Magic Cruise Review by eap'sdad

Member Name: eap'sdad
Cruise Date: April 2012
Embarkation: Port Canaveral
Cabin Category: T
See More About: Disney Magic Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Disney Cruise Deals
Entertainment 5+
        10-12 5+
        13-15 5+
        16+ 5+

Ship Facts: Disney Magic Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Disney Magic Deck Plans
The good, the Bad and the Ugly of the Magic
Let start with the great, the embarkation is as smooth as possible, probably the best we ever had. The entertainment blows away the competition with the shows and parties. The adult shows and games that go on were great. Danny the concierge was on top of everything. Our servers were great very friendly. My kids say that the clubs are the best they have ever been to. Palos was very good. The condition of the ship is really good, while there is always a little rust or wear it is right up there with any 5 star hotel. Sitting on the veranda having a drink was probably the most relaxing time of my life.

The good, the food in my opinion and my families was not up to the other cruise lines, while it was good. The breakfasts were ok, buffets were so so, the sit down lunches seemed to be the best meal of the day. Dinners were good but never really said wow. Kids tried many different foods from Patrick have escargot to Alex, who is very picky, having lamb. Lobster night was good, desserts were ok. Castaway Cay was good but felt RCL was better, maybe just a one time deal or just expecting to much. Food on the island was ok and the closed at 2:00. Beach was ok also.

The bad, Stateroom host just did what he had to. Felt the servers by the pool and selling the packages were to pushy, I don't need to asked every five minutes if I want something and no I do not want to purchase a case of water so please do not ask me again. While the Stateroom was nice the noise from above was quite loud. It did not wake me up but it was there all day and night. On Pirate night it was really bad.

The Ugly, We had 2 showers in our room for 5 people but one of them would not get hot, complained several times and was never fixed. Soap dish in the other shower was broken by the stateroom host and never fixed. They need to come up with a way to police the saving of chairs by the pool. I am an early riser so I would get up and have a cup of coffee by the pool, every morning I would see people come out and put bags on a couple of the chairs and leave. then later on around lunch time I would see the same bags but not the people. It is quite aggravating since there is not a lot of seats around the family pool.

Overall I had a great time and will love to do another, maybe next year.

Publication Date: 04/22/12