Disney Magic Cruise Review by jmb1101: Loved the Magic Mouse
Member Since 2003
Compare Prices on Disney Magic Western Caribbean Cruises
Loved the Magic Mouse
Either you feel it or you don't. If you don't love Disney to begin with, I think the cruise line is a hard sale. But if you have a thing for the Mouse, you will be enchanted. I am not sure I would go without kids, but my husband, our daughter, the in-laws and I had an unforgettable vacation.
- Embarkation and debarkation were fast and efficient -- both took less than 15 minutes
- Cleanliness -- at each meal someone stands at the door and hands you a sanitizing wipe.
- Great entertainment -- good for both kids and adults. There are plenty of opportunities for adult entertainment too.
- Food ranged from good to very good and the rotational dining was fun. It added a sense of festivity.
- The seafood buffet lunch!
- Deck parties were really high energy and got everyone involved. Loved it!
- Adult Pool -- a very quiet area with jazz playing.
- Bars & Lounges -- great drinks and drink specials every day.
- Drink Station -- sodas, tea More & coffee, water and ice
- Ice Cream Station -- help yourself all day long!
- Service -- overall very good. We had a great experience with Willy, Soloman and Sean in the dining room.
- Movies -- both first run and recent releases -- were fun to take advantage of when you had an hour or two down time.
- Topsiders Dining Room (breakfast & lunch) is small and somewhat cramped.
- Noisy Kid's Pool areas. Funnel Vision is too loud and competes with all the kiddy noise.
- Breakfast foods like toast are cold because they are served on the buffet.
- The Magic is a little beat up in places.
- Our cabin steward didn't bother to introduce himself. Not a big deal but would have been nice.
Problems - addressed
- Our bathrooms had not been cleaned when we arrived. I called and the steward manager came right away, had the situation corrected and apologized profusely. We got several calls to ensure we were happy. I was happy with the resolution.
- Our TV stopped working. Once again, the manager came and assessed the situation. Within an hour, a worker came and fixed our TV. Once again, I was very happy with the resolution.
Some people expect a 5 star hotel experience and you are just not going to get that with Disney. It's more of a 4 star experience. If you want 5-star food and service, you will have to go with Regent, Crystal or one of the other upscale lines. But, if you have reasonable expectations, you will have a wonderful time! Less
Read more Disney Magic cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Disney Magic Review >>
Port and Shore Excursions
Vision is Blind to its Loyal C...
Great little ship, fantastic c...
We were expecting the WOW fact...
Fine Cruise on the Magic
Fun Fun Fun and TIPS on what h...