Either you feel it or you don't. If you don't love Disney to begin with, I think the cruise line is a hard sale. But if you have a thing for the Mouse, you will be enchanted. I am not sure I would go without kids, but my husband, our daughter, the in-laws and I had an unforgettable vacation.
- Embarkation and debarkation were fast and efficient -- both took less than 15 minutes
- Cleanliness -- at each meal someone stands at the door and hands you a sanitizing wipe.
- Great entertainment -- good for both kids and adults. There are plenty of opportunities for adult entertainment too.
- Food ranged from good to very good and the rotational dining was fun. It added a sense of festivity.
- The seafood buffet lunch!
- Deck parties were really high energy and got everyone involved. Loved it!
- Adult Pool -- a very quiet area with jazz playing.
- Bars & Lounges -- great drinks and drink specials every day.
- Drink Station -- sodas, tea & coffee, water and ice
- Ice Cream Station -- help yourself all day long!
- Service -- overall very good. We had a great experience with Willy, Soloman and Sean in the dining room.
- Movies -- both first run and recent releases -- were fun to take advantage of when you had an hour or two down time.
- Topsiders Dining Room (breakfast & lunch) is small and somewhat cramped.
- Noisy Kid's Pool areas. Funnel Vision is too loud and competes with all the kiddy noise.
- Breakfast foods like toast are cold because they are served on the buffet.
- The Magic is a little beat up in places.
- Our cabin steward didn't bother to introduce himself. Not a big deal but would have been nice.
Problems - addressed
- Our bathrooms had not been cleaned when we arrived. I called and the steward manager came right away, had the situation corrected and apologized profusely. We got several calls to ensure we were happy. I was happy with the resolution.
- Our TV stopped working. Once again, the manager came and assessed the situation. Within an hour, a worker came and fixed our TV. Once again, I was very happy with the resolution.
Some people expect a 5 star hotel experience and you are just not going to get that with Disney. It's more of a 4 star experience. If you want 5-star food and service, you will have to go with Regent, Crystal or one of the other upscale lines. But, if you have reasonable expectations, you will have a wonderful time!