Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by KunP: Great vacation!

KunP
Member Since 2012

Compare Prices on Carnival Liberty Western Caribbean Cruises

Great vacation!

Sail Date: March 2012

My girlfriend and I went on the liberty this passed March. It was her first cruise and my second. We had an awesome time. I don't usually leave reviews but I feel I owe it since I read revies about our cruise before we left and got some great info from some reviewers.

Embarkation and debarkation was nice and smooth. Karl with a K was the cruise director and he was the man. He was hilarious and entertaining and made sure there was good stuff going on the entire time on board. He would give announcements to give us heads up periodically. Christian was the assistant director and he was great too.

We enjoyed Iguana Cantina, the Mexican burrito and taco restaurant on the lido deck as well as Guys burger joint (both included free) they were delicious. The breakfast taco is what I got every morning along with huevos rancheros. I'm glad they had these 2 places since the buffet was not that great. The sandwich stand was great too, especially the pastrami corned bead sandwich. More My girlfriend had the calamari at the fish and chips stand and loved it. The dining room food was not that impressive as I had expected. I went on royal caribbean the year before and loved their dining room food. The quality is disappointing I think.

The entertainment was wonderful, we enjoyed it every night! The dancers and singers along with the band were amazing. The punch liner was good too. Doug funk was the best comedian out of 4 that performed. I was dying laughing at his jokes. The others were ok with the last 2 being pretty lame.

The staff on board could have been more friendly I feel. It was hard to get smiles from workers. I loved the dining room entertainment and waiter on royal caribbean, Carnivals just didn't meet up to that. They could've put better movies on the outdoor theatre. Room service was great, not as exciting as RC though.

Ports:
Cozumel- gorgeous beaches. We got a scooter for 40 bucks for the day and rode around the island stopping at paradise beach which is a must! We ate some authentic Mexican food which was ok.
Belize- didn't leave the port
Honduras- went zip lining with South shore zip line that I had purchased online prior the cruise. They came and picked you up at the port took you zip lining (which is amazing- do it!) then the driver took us to this gorgeous beach. It was worth it!
Grand cayman- tiki beach is part of 7 mile beach and it's great. They have $2.50 buses that take you one way over there which is a lot cheaper than a cab.
The at sea days were fun and peaceful being in the ocean with nothing in sight. There was so much to do on the ship that it was not a bore.
The waters were not too bad, we got a room at the end of the ship and it didn't rock too much. Overall it was a great time Can't wait for our next one. Probably going to be trying out another cruise line next time.
Hope this helps Less