Celebrity Millennium Cruise Review by infl: First time with Celebrity!

infl
Member Since 2011

Compare Prices on Celebrity Millennium Western Caribbean Cruises

First time with Celebrity!

Sail Date: April 2012

My husband and I have cruised before but always with our children. We thought that Celebrity would be a nice option for kid free cruising. Celebrity was supposed to be a little more upscale with less party crowd. That was what we were looking for and that's why we booked it.

I wanted to have a veranda and initially booked a concierge class with veranda. My husband noted that the Sky Suites had lounge chairs and we upgraded to the Sky Suites and paid the upcharge. We were upgraded to the celebrity suite and lost the veranda that I very much wanted. I called Celebrity and I was told "I'm sorry". The person on the phone told me that verandas would be added during dry dock and there was nothing she could do for me. So, "I'm sorry" was the best that they could do. Customer service wise I wasn't too impressed. When we boarded we asked again if there was a veranda suite available and again I got "I'm sorry". I heard a gentleman next to me very disappointed in the quality More of his stateroom and he got the "I'm sorry" as well. They are trained very well with the use of the word "sorry". Absolutely no efforts were made to at least show that they actually cared. I let it go, but I hesitate to sail with them again because if a really serious issue arose I don't know if they know how to say anything else.

The celebrity suite was really lovely. Very large. Well appointed. Not the quality of the a Disney stateroom or even the Freedom, but this was mainly due to age. The view was nice and I was able to let go of losing the veranda. But, it certainly changed my way of cruising as I really enjoy veranda time. The stateroom attendant and butler were nice people, but we really didn't need them. We were invited to the Elite club functions as a suite perk. My husband and I enjoyed the Captain's sail away party. The fresh fruit daily was a nice perk. We enjoyed the sparkling wine on embarkation. All nice touches.

The ship. It's time for refurbishment. Clean, but it's really showing its age. The Freedom and Disney Wonder were much more attractive. I really missed the activities of the larger ships. I didn't think I would but I was looking to do some rock climbing or play golf. The ship seemed filled with bars. I actually had fun at the casino and actually came out a little ahead which is a first for me on a cruise. The towel game was fierce and my husband and I missed out on good seats on deck. We went up to the upper deck to get our rays in. It was hard to find a lounge chair and the minute you got up there was someone looking to get your chair.

Drink package. My husband and I opted for the premium drink package. I'm not sure it was worth the money. The bartenders didn't seem to like it and I felt like you received service without a smile. I guess they wanted extra tip on top. We threw in an extra dollar here and there to try to get them to open up a little, but we didn't like the feeling like we were shortchanging them. We actually drank less than we would have because they just didn't make it easy to get a drink. So, I guess it's a win for the cruise line. I did visit Cova a few times for the speciality coffees which I probably would have skipped if it were not for the package. I also loved the bottled water for working out as I would have filled up my water bottle from the fountain. I certainly would have skipped the Sugar Free Red Bulls that I enjoyed. I'm still thinking about whether I would do it again.

Olympic. Awesome and worth every penny. That's were the best of the best servers are! The main dining room was slow and the food (only went 1 night) was so so. We opted for the 3 night package and again it was worth every cent. Service was prompt and always with a smile. The restaurant was quiet and had a very nice ambiance. Food was amazing. If I ever cruise Celebrity again, I'm not going to the main dining room again. That's for sure!

Entertainment. There is some talent on that ship! The comedian was hilarious!!! Loved him! Robbie Printz was his name. I'm going to look him up! Singers and dancers were very talented as well. Cruise director Justin was friendly and engaging, but not as funny as Graham Seymour from the Freedom.

There's so much more to tell! But, I've got to end it some where! My husband and I had a great time and did not talk about work at all the entire trip so it was a success! Less

Read more Celebrity Millennium cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Millennium Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Millennium Celebrity Suite Penthouse Deck (6) 7140

Large. Quiet. Great location. Getting refurbished so I'm sure it will be even better.

Went with private tour called Roatan's Henry Tour. Our tour guide was Craig. We booked the VIP tour where he you do what ever you want. When we got to the island it was pouring rain and I wanted to skip out and stay on the ship, but because we made a commitment I decided we should take the umbrella in the stateroom and go anyways and I'm glad we did. Craig drove us around and taught us about the history of the island and answered all of our questions. We had lunch at Parrot Tree Resort which was nice all things considered. We ate under a palapa in the rain. Craig was always there giving us privacy when we needed it. We then decided to go snorkeling, but we saw some lightening and we going to call it and go to the ship. At the last minute we zip lined and it was fun. We didn't snorkel which is a tragedy, but we will be back. I'm pleased we actually spent the day out in the rain and got to see how the natives live. Craig made us feel comfortable the whole time which was important because it was our first time taking an excursion not associated with a crusie line.
Read 1642 Roatan Reviews