Carnival Legend Cruise Review by danal72

Spa & Fitness 5+
        10-12 5+
        16+ 5+

Carnival Western Caribbean from Tampa
Began on 4/8 in Tampa. Check-in went smooth. Afterwards, has lunch on Lido deck 9 while waiting for the ship to set sail. Our room was ready by about 1:30, we thought that was pretty quick, so we went to see what the rooms looked like. My husband and I shared a balcony room, while we put our two daughters (12 & 16) right across the hall in an interior room. Much more peace that way.

This is only our second cruise, so I have to say how much we loved the balcony room! We were out there every evening and every morning!

I thought the ship was very tastefully decorated, but I agree with another reviewer, if you are not in a port, a chair near the pool is very hard to get. The "fun" days at sea means everyone is looking for a chair anywhere near a balcony or a pool.

Being such a newer cruiser, I am just learning about booking an excursion outside of Carnival. Although the two I did book were great. We did the Isla Pasion by Twister in Cozumel, and the stingray city tour in Grand Cayman. I'm not sure about finding an excursion on the shore in Belize, outside of the cruise ship area looked dicey.

Tons of activities for the kids to do, good food, waitstaff and cleaning staff were great. Lunch on the Lido deck did get really busy.

Very satisfied overall.