Carnival Legend Cruise Review by danal72: Carnival Western Caribbean from Tampa

Compare Prices on Carnival Legend Western Caribbean Cruises

Carnival Western Caribbean from Tampa

Sail Date: April 2012
Embarkation: Tampa

Began on 4/8 in Tampa. Check-in went smooth. Afterwards, has lunch on Lido deck 9 while waiting for the ship to set sail. Our room was ready by about 1:30, we thought that was pretty quick, so we went to see what the rooms looked like. My husband and I shared a balcony room, while we put our two daughters (12 & 16) right across the hall in an interior room. Much more peace that way.

This is only our second cruise, so I have to say how much we loved the balcony room! We were out there every evening and every morning!

I thought the ship was very tastefully decorated, but I agree with another reviewer, if you are not in a port, a chair near the pool is very hard to get. The "fun" days at sea means everyone is looking for a chair anywhere near a balcony or a pool.

Being such a newer cruiser, I am just learning about booking an excursion outside of Carnival. Although the two I did book were great. We did the Isla Pasion by Twister in Cozumel, and the stingray More city tour in Grand Cayman. I'm not sure about finding an excursion on the shore in Belize, outside of the cruise ship area looked dicey.

Tons of activities for the kids to do, good food, waitstaff and cleaning staff were great. Lunch on the Lido deck did get really busy.
Very satisfied overall. Less

Read more Carnival Legend cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Legend Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Legend Balcony Panorama

Big fence surrounding where the cruise ship passengers disembark, and a few fellow cruisers told us it was not safe to explore outside the fence without a destination. I'd book an excursion with the cruise ship in this port.

Stingray Swim

(5.5)
Have a destination in mind, as we walked around for a while waiting for our excursion, and the streets were busy!!! Not pedestrian friendly, in some places the sidewalk disappeared and you were in the street. Take a cab to 7 mile beach, or anywhere. I'm sure its a beautiful island, we just didn't have enough time to see it with the excursion we had planned.

(5.5)
Apparently Carnival had this area of the island build a port just for Carnival ships, and it was nice! Nice shops, outstanding beach, and nice shells on the beach! Skip the ski-lift to the beach, its a lovely short walk.
Read 1651 Roatan Reviews