Coral Princess Cruise Review by UtahFishing: Panama Canal Cruise, including Easter Sunday
Overall Member Rating
Panama Canal Cruise, including Easter Sunday
Destination: Panama Canal & Central America
Embarkation: Fort Lauderdale (Port Everglades)
1. Loved Alex and Kelly on the activities staff- they could make any shipboard event fun. Kelly wins special kudos for pop choir and line dance. Alex wins special kudos for western night shootout and any other event he appears at.
2. no complaints whatsoever about room stewards, waiters, bar staff- it can't be done any better. Best steward John did my room on Baja deck.
3. Buffet food choices were spectacular- especially the fresh fruit and vegetables. Desserts were wonderful too, but we probably should not be eating those... :-)
4. Team trivia events were appreciated and well-attended three times per day- everybody gets a prize sooner or later
5. Our dinner seating was 5:30pm and it was perfect for those who wanted to see two showroom performances in the evening. Dinner menu offered an amazing array of choices and the fish was always perfectly cooked. Waiters bent over backwards to please. Maitre 'd was excellent. Fruit choices were More wonderful. Say hello to my favorite waiter with favorite smile- Maureen.
6. Room was kept spotlessly clean- and with a smile. No complaints about bed or closets or bathroom.
7. Roaming drink servers were always available and friendly. Say hello to my friend Juhnelle.
8. Broadway-like dance/song shows were exceptionally good. Especially liked lead vocals by Brandy and also liked each and every precision-dancer
9. Lounge/music venues kept the music coming. Especially liked Ray Coussins on the piano.
10. Ballroom dance instructors were great- everybody learned something. They even made themselves available anytime after class.
11. Passenger services was very helpful with answers and explanations.
12. Getting off for ports and final debark was amazingly smooth.
13. Pools and Jacuzzis were spotlessly clean
14. Daily "Patter" list of events was the perfect appointment calendar- thanks to whoever writes it each afternoon for the following day.
15. Lectures on Canal and geology and art were always available. Especially liked Canal narration by Bill Keene.
16. Photography staff overworked themselves for our benefit- good pictures were to be found if you wanted to search through picture boards for four hours.
17. For those who like bridge, resident instructors taught class everyday and hosted bridge-play each afternoon.
18. Daily trivia sheets from the library each day kept our minds going- thanks!
19. "Theater under the stars" always had good evening movie choices! Less
Read more Coral Princess cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Coral Princess Review >>
Cabin review: JB617
Cabin was interior on Baja deck. Nice and quiet. Great room steward, who was always nearby. Only noise ever heard was people having conversations while walking by in hallway. Bathroom worked fine. Great pillow choices.
Port and Shore Excursions
Disaster on the Journey
Transit the Panama Canal - and...
Decent Ship Experience but Poo...
Will think twice before bookin...
A great cruise that included t...
Celebration of Life Cruise
Been there, done that, feeling...