Caribbean Princess Cruise Review by SCUBACruiser007: Caribbean Princess Cruise Critic Review for April 8th - 15th

SCUBACruiser007
Member Since 2008

Compare Prices on Caribbean Princess Southern Caribbean Cruises

Caribbean Princess Cruise Critic Review for April 8th - 15th

Sail Date: April 2012
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Embarkation: San Juan

Itinerary: San Juan, St. Marteen, St. Lucia, Grenada, Bonaire, Aruba, & San Juan

Cabin: L301

Overall, the cruise on the Caribbean Princess was a very good experience! Unfortunately, I can't say my overall experience was perfect, but their was defiantly much more good than bad. This was my first time cruising with Princess, so I will first tell you about areas that I thought could be improved and then tell you what I really enjoyed.

Opportunities

My wife and I have had balconies cabins on both Carnival and Celebrity and we have always gotten robes with our cabin. On Princess you will have to make a special request to your cabin stewart for a robe or robes. Princess's customer service department on the ship was very responsive and they had our cabin stewart give us 4 robes within a few hours after my wife filled out a comment card.

Princess has a training opportunity for one sales rep in the jewelry store and one person who works in the More spa. A sales rep was very cold and condescending to my wife about a piece of jewelry that was in the store. This was unfortunate for Princess, because my wife ended up buying a similar piece of jewelry on land from a person that had better people skills. In the spa, we had a nice lady with a great personality tell us a lie about being able to get into Sanctuary with the Thermal Spa Pass. Thermal Spa Pass for $150 per couple is worth it without the access to Sanctuary, but it's just the principle about being truthful when making a sale. This person who has sold us the Thermal Spa Pass needs to be more truthful to others in the future.

It was my first time purchasing an excursion that takes you to the airport after disembarking from the ship. It was confusing to me and my wife to how the whole luggage transfers worked when we purchased the excursion. Granted if we didn't get separated from the excursion group by Customs I'm sure there would have not been any issues, but we did get separated from the group. In a nutshell, all Princess reps helping with the Customs process need to know how the baggage transfers work for excursions. When a Princess Rep escorted us to a Customs agent for further questioning based on a purchase my wife had made. The agent should have known where we needed to go to get our bags and that our bags were not to be automatically transferred to the airport. To make a long story short, I had to return to the cruise terminal after we got dropped off at the airport to get our bags. I barely made our flight home.

Strengths

I will start off saying the Caribbean Princess is a beautiful ship with a very friendly and helpful crew! Our cabin stewart was very friendly and did an excellent job maintaining our room. Our cabin Stewart was very helpful by finding a bucket, so my wife can soak her toe since she had her toe nail removed the day before our flight.
Our dinner waiters Jozef and Jaime were very professional and fun to dine with at dinner. Jozef was had excellent meal recommendations and a pleasant personality. Jamie was very entertaining with his various sounds, singing, and dancing along with great professionalism with a very nice personality.

I purchased a watch in the jewelry store from Analize from South Africa who was very helpful and personable. Analize answered all my questions and made my buying experience enjoyable.

I really enjoyed smoking cigars in the Churchhill's Lounge in the evening. Churchill's provides a nice atmosphere for smoking while getting caught up on your sports. Marisol is one of the servers in Churchill's and she provides excellent service with a friendly attitude!

The Thermal Spa is an excellent place for couples to spend time while relaxing for $150 per couple throughout the cruise I really enjoyed reading books from the thermal beds. In addition, I really liked the eucalyptus room with the mint aroma.

The cooking demonstration and kitchen tour is a very nice experience! I purchased a Princess cookbook and was able to have the ship's Executive Chef and Head Maitre'd autograph it.

Skywalker's and Outrigger's bars are both great places in the aft to have a drink and have nice views. I also enjoyed cocktails poolside in and around the adult pool in the ship's forward.

I will conclude by saying I would defiantly sail with Princess again. I felt Princess has had the best food selection based my experience cruising with Carnival, Celebrity, and NCL. I would rank Princess #1, Celebrity #2, Carnival #3, and NCL #4 based on my experience regarding food selection and quality. Less

Read more Caribbean Princess cruise reviews >>