Adventure of the Seas 3

“Great Time - But Not What It Used To Be”
Cruise review of Royal Caribbean Adventure of the Seas

Razzo
Member Since 2008

Overall Member Rating

I have cruised on this ship 3 times now in the past 6 years. The first two times were incredible - top notch entertainment, the staff was very friendly and catered to my every need. What I remember from those vacations on this same ship was that there was never a lack of entertainment - the food was incredible - and no expense was spared.

After taking a break for a few years and traveling inland for vacations, I definitely noticed some differences.

First and foremost - I want to say that it was still a very nice vacation. However, my experience was missing that added feeling of being "over the top".

If you have never cruised before - you wont be disappointed by your experience. However, if you haven't cruised in a few years - you'll notice MANY places where the company has implemented cost cutting measures. While they wont detract from the cruise newbie - they are noticeable for individuals who have cruised before.

The entertainment was More significantly lacking. In years past - there used to be a major entertainment, either in the theater or up on the pool deck. In addition - every bar used to have live music each night as well. This year - they kept the major entertainment - but there were many nights where we went to a bar to have a drink and listen to a band only to be told that "This is the bands off night".

It was Royal's loss as I'm sure my bar bill would have been about $300-$500 higher if they had some tribute or cover bands actually playing in their bars. So in hind-site - I should be thanking them for saving me money by not allowing me to find nightly entertainment and order another few drinks.

One thing I noticed was the reduction in the size of the plates in the buffet - which was fine considering they were the size of lunch trays when we cruised before. The food options have also been reduced over the years as well.

All in all - it's still a great vacation to take. My only complaint would be that I want more "bar entertainment". There were too many nights where I wanted to grab a drink after dinner and unwind - and their was nothing to do on the ship but essentially go to bed. Less

Adventure of the Seas Cruises to the Southern Caribbean

Helpful? Thank Razzo
Read Cruise Critic's Adventure of the Seas Review

Adventure of the Seas Cruises to the Southern Caribbean

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?