Norwegian Pearl Cruise Review by coppicekids: Pearl Cruise

Family & Children 3.5

Compare Prices on Norwegian Pearl Western Caribbean Cruises

Pearl Cruise

Sail Date: April 2012

This was are first proper cruise. We had taken a taster 3 night cruise 4 years before but my son contracted Noro virus and we had been confined to cabin.

The children (aged 9 and 12) were very excited about another cruise so we booked a penthouse with an adjoining room for my parents as it was my parents 50th Wedding anniversary. The suite was fantastic and as it came with a conceriege service we skipped the queues to get on board. As we were travelling as a party, they let us all check in together. The concereige also gives you lunch in Cagneys steak house and breakfast here. The children liked to go to the garden resturant and choose their own some times. The food all over the ship was excellent, we only tried the Asian fusion resturant with the extra charge but went back twice.

All the staff were excellent on the ship. The entertainment was OK althogh the singing from the performers was a bit loud. The best show was the one on the last day put on by the More crew.

The children were disappointed with the kids club as both the ages 6-9 and 10-12 appeared to do the same thing so they did not got there after the first session.

It was Easter and the ship was full, 2,800 passengers but there was plently of space and we never had to wait for a table.

Everyone had an excellent holiday and we would definitely go on one again Less

Read more Norwegian Pearl cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Pearl Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Pearl 11030

This is a lovely cabin and very spacious. The childrens room was a little cramped for my two boys as they could nbot get changed together in their. We loved the little touches like chocolates and fruit and always having coffee for the coffeee maker. The master bedroom is very comfortable and the views from the bathroom window are amazing. The shower is also better than my one at home! The one drawback of this cabin is that it is under the end of the pool deck and for two nights when they had pool parties there we were kept awake until 1.30am by the boom boom of the base on the disco. After complaining to our concierge we were given compensation. there were also a lot of scraping noises at odd times as they cleared up. I would not book this particular cabin again but definitely the same type.

Dolphin Swim & Encounter

(4)
The kids really enjoyed this as they spent 40 momutes in the water with the dolphins, we got some really good picture as well.

Stingray Swim

(5)
A lovely sail to the sandbar to feed, pet and kiss the stingray. The water was really warm. the only gripe was the money they wanted for a copy of the video they shot $50!.

This was a lovely island although most of it was roped off as they were doing improvements. A lovely lunch was provided and there were plently of sunbeds for all.

Bobsled Tour

(5)
This was a lovely trip up mystic mountain on the chairlift. We were the first to arrive and it was easy to get on the bobsled. Afterwards we swan in the pool and were not rushed.

Dunn's River Falls

(5)
This was manic and I had never seen or expected to see so many people in one place claibing a waterfall. Our guide was great and really looked after us as at some points I did not think I would get the children up it but it was a great experience.