Norwegian Star Cruise Review by EasyHDcruiser

Member Name: EasyHDcruiser
Cruise Date: March 2012
Embarkation: Tampa
Cabin Category: SJ
See More About: Norwegian Star Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | NCL Cruise Deals
        10-12 1.0
        13-15 1.0

First NCL cruise
Embarkation was the best experience by far of any cruise we have taken. We were escorted to a private area and had only a short wait to get registered. While we waited we had Canapes and beverages. It was a great first impression. Also Monica the concierge greeted us for the first time. Also I think she has two clones because all cruise we saw her everywhere helping out the suite guests. We had a private escort from one of the butlers to Cagney's for a relaxed lunch. During this lunch one of the servers came to our table to ask about our speciality dinning needs for the week and she arranged this for us while we relaxed and at lunch.

Great room. My wife and I had a queen bed and each girl had a double bed. All three beds were surrounded each night by drapes on a pull out wall so we could have privacy. Great for a family of 4

The suite guests get to eat at Cagney's for breakfast and lunch. Cagney's for breakfast was a must do. I love food and the breakfast at Cagney's were excellent. The lunch was very good.

I would like to rate the main dinning, but we never at in the two main dining rooms. We took this cruise to enjoy all the specialty restaurants. All we very good and half were excellent. Every restaurant on this ship except the buffet cooks your found only when ordered. Since there are no fixed dinning times the galley does not have to churn out 1000 meals at once.because of this the food quality was better than any of the cruises we had taken. Freestyle cruising is best if you food is important to you. On our next cruise we will return to French Bistro, Italian eatery, Asian food. I am glade to have eaten at Cagney's for diner, but I like my steak cooked over a wood grill and it was not. Also, the teppan dinning was good but I have had better back home.

The chef's table was Fantastic. It was 10 courses and lasted over 4 hours. Too much food and wine was consumed and all great. The service was excellent. This is similar to Vitoria and Albert's at Disney World.

Publication Date: 04/19/12