Norwegian Star 5

Cruise review of Norwegian Star

EasyHDcruiser
Member Since 2012

Overall Member Rating

Embarkation was the best experience by far of any cruise we have taken. We were escorted to a private area and had only a short wait to get registered. While we waited we had Canapes and beverages. It was a great first impression. Also Monica the concierge greeted us for the first time. Also I think she has two clones because all cruise we saw her everywhere helping out the suite guests. We had a private escort from one of the butlers to Cagney's for a relaxed lunch. During this lunch one of the servers came to our table to ask about our speciality dinning needs for the week and she arranged this for us while we relaxed and at lunch.

Great room. My wife and I had a queen bed and each girl had a double bed. All three beds were surrounded each night by drapes on a pull out wall so we could have privacy. Great for a family of 4

The suite guests get to eat at Cagney's for breakfast and lunch. Cagney's for breakfast was a must do. I love food and the breakfast at Cagney's More were excellent. The lunch was very good.

I would like to rate the main dinning, but we never at in the two main dining rooms. We took this cruise to enjoy all the specialty restaurants. All we very good and half were excellent. Every restaurant on this ship except the buffet cooks your found only when ordered. Since there are no fixed dinning times the galley does not have to churn out 1000 meals at once.because of this the food quality was better than any of the cruises we had taken. Freestyle cruising is best if you food is important to you. On our next cruise we will return to French Bistro, Italian eatery, Asian food. I am glade to have eaten at Cagney's for diner, but I like my steak cooked over a wood grill and it was not. Also, the teppan dinning was good but I have had better back home.

The chef's table was Fantastic. It was 10 courses and lasted over 4 hours. Too much food and wine was consumed and all great. The service was excellent. This is similar to Vitoria and Albert's at Disney World. Less

Norwegian Star Cruises to the Western Caribbean

Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review: Family Suite

SJ12516
No noise. The room is forward of the jogging track on deck 13. On deck 13 above is the quite hot tub for adults only. Great view. No balcony because this was added to increase the size of the room. when you go aft down the hallway to the pool it exits onto the smoking deck. I would suggest the other side of the ship because that side is no smoking.

Did the tour of the Mayan ruins. Even though the bus ride lasted an hour the tour guide was entertaining. Ask for bamboo chicken or Pa-ca when you are in the port. It includes a great story about Queen Elizabeth's visit to this commonwealth country. You get to climb on the ruins. If you have not done this it is a must. The girls had a fresh coconut cut open to drink the milk. I had the wine made form the fruit surrounding the Cashew nut. All good. Excellent Bargins can be had shopping in this port. Near the end of the day the prices got lower.

Shopping was okay. A great time can be had in the two reastarants around the pool in costa maya.
Read 1395 Costa Maya Reviews

Shopping is excellent. It is fun. Shop for Jewelry if you want free alcohol. There is a starbucks at the end of the pier.
Read 4533 Cozumel Reviews

First time on the island. Suggest booking a tour and not going into the town. Very poor country. Garbage was everywhere and most homes were falling apart. I went ashore with my wife and two daughters to do some shopping and see the port. Within a minute of leaving the security area my youngest daughter asked to return to the ship. We had experienced some sexual comments directed to my teen aged children. The prices in the shops in the security area were the best of the 4 ports visited. This area was safe and pleasant
Read 2191 Roatan Reviews

Published 04/19/12

Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Star Review

Norwegian Star Cruises to the Western Caribbean

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?