Celebrity Eclipse Cruise Review by diared

Celebrity Eclipse
Member Name: diared
Cruise Date: March 2012
Cabin Category: 1C
See More About: Celebrity Eclipse Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Fun For All
This was my second cruise but it was my husbands first. He was not to keen on this adventure but was sold on the idea as soon as he stepped into our cabin. We had a cabin with an outside unobstructed balconey view, portside somewhat forward. Great place to people watch when in port. Did not go for a beverage package but choose to do a bar set up in our room. This was a good choice because we were sailing with another couple who had an inside cabin so our cabin balcony and bar became a main social center for our little group. The room was very spacious and well thought out with plenty of storage and a very comfortable bed. The bathroom was larger than the first cruise ship I was on which was nice because I wasn't knocking my elbows in the shower and wasn't standing ontop of toilet when I was using the mirror. Big improvement here. What can I say about the crew,except,exceptional! Our every need was catered to and preferences were noted and repeated throughout the whole cruise. This was true for both our cabin needs and our evening dinning experience.

We choose early dining and ate our evening meal in the main dining room all but one night. The food was very good and the service was top notch hence why we did not feel the need to try any of the specility dining rooms. We celebrated a birthday and our 25th wedding aniversary which they made special by serving a cake and joining us in song. Our marriage was blessed at a Catholic mass onboard and there were many congratulations offered by other passengers. This was another thing I really appreciated. The passengers we sailed with were all very friendly and excited to engage you in conversation.

Our first destination was Puerto Rico. We didn't plan outings here because of the 3 o'clock arrival time. I read on another review about the public transite across the parking lot from the pier. We could see the busses from our balcony so we waited on the corner for about 25 minutes and took a free bus up to the fort. Cost was three dollars a piece to site see the fort and as we could see the ship from the battlements we walked back to the ship enjoying some shopping and our evening meal at one of the many sidewalk cafes. Very slow paced and relaxing day. St Maartens was our next stop. We rented a 32 foot boat from Mp yachting St. Martin. This worked out to be about $140 per person plus $16 each for cab fare. We captained our own boat for 6 hours. The boat came with snorkeling gear so that was our first destination. Spent about an hour there and then just cruised the island shore line stopping along the way for a few beers. Lots of speed on this boat which the guys had to test out. We had some difficulty arranging this rental on line but brought the paperwork along and guest relations on board the Eclipse worked diligently to help us get the contract finalized. This was the highlight of our shore excursions. On the way back to the ship we did some shopping pier-side and took advantage of the party like atmosphere. Very busy on St Maartens but exciting. St Kitts was the exact opposite which I appreciated after the hubbub the day before. Slow paced with a lot of great shopping. Best place to by gifts for family and friends. Best prices here.

Things I think could have stood some improvement. Room service food was not of the quality found on the rest of the ship. Coffee good sometimes and undrinkable others. Food not always warm or the order was not right. Can't think of anything else I didn't find exceptional and frankly the room service food was a minor thing. Lot of interesting things 2 see, do and attend on this ship. The only problem is you won't have enough time to do it all. This is why the husband who didn't want to go to begin with has decided we will have to sail again.

Publication Date: 04/19/12