Celebrity Infinity Cruise Review by happycamperdenver: Amazing Honeymoon Cruise

Compare Prices on Celebrity Infinity Panama Canal & Central America Cruises

Amazing Honeymoon Cruise

Sail Date: October 2011
Destination: Panama Canal & Central America

My husband is an engineer by profession, so when he suggested that we take the Panama Canal cruise as our honeymoon,I was a bit skeptical. Figured it wouldn't be romantic enough. But he really wanted to see the Canal, so off we went. While we didn't book any of the honeymoon packages, we did splurge on a veranda room. And I couldn't have been more wrong...this trip exceeded my expectations. When we boarded, we learned that the ship was preparing for its dry dock to be "Solcisticed" but the updates-in-process didn't affect the enjoyment of the ship at all. In the dining room, we had a delightful headwaiter, Serhat, who gave us all sorts of insights about the ports and Johnny, who made sure our entire dining experience was marvelous. We loved the honeymoon cake they presented to us mid-voyage.

The ship in little nooks and crannies was showing signs that it was time for a refresh, but for me, it's all about the service and here, the Celebrity Infinity shined! The house band upon More learning it was our honeymoon, learned our wedding dance song (since it wasn't part of their regular repertoire) and invited us to re-create our wedding dance on the dance floor. For the rest of the trip, people were stopping us as "the dancing honeymooners" and Celebrity gave us a priceless memory. As ever, the food was terrific, we met the most pleasant fellow travelers, and the shore excursion options were varied and we had the best time. The only hiccup occurred when we arrived -- someone wheeled away with one of my bags, and even then, the terminal staff were sympathetic and professional. And yes, by bag did get returned to me. In all a five-star review from this traveler! Less

Read more Celebrity Infinity cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Infinity Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Infinity Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Veranda Vista Deck (7) 7078

We had that little nook by the forward elevators, right where there's a jog in the hallway. Gave us a bit more space to place baggage at the end of the trip. Quiet, even though it was near the elevator.