Norwegian Sky Cruise Review by digger1200

Destination: Bahamas
Cabin Category: OA

Ship Facts: Norwegian Sky Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Norwegian Sky Deck Plans
First time cruise review for NCL Sky
Just back from a 3 day cruise to the Bahamas on the Sky. This was a first time cruise for me and didn't know what to expect. I read so many helpful reviews, articles and researched the entire cruise critic site for what to expect.

Our adventure began with departure out of Miami. Check in was a breeze all documents were prepared from our travel agent so we really didn't have a problem.

They immediately sent us to the Garden Cafe for a buffet lunch, which was really good as we were starving. We had time to explore the ship and make plans for dinner that evening. We ate in the Palace dining room the first night. The meal was okay, really mediocre food and some of my family had to send their meal back as it was not cooked enough. I had the lobster which was way over cooked. The french onion soup was good. We did not use any of the pay dinning options so I can not give an opinion on them. We only used the encluded dining options. For late night munchies we did find a place on the ship that had finger foods not very hot, pizza was awful so was just about everything that had out.

All during the cruise the ship was really bumping around, we had rough seas from day one and lasted the entire cruise. I got quite ill. After locating the shops got the sea bands and felt better immediately. All during this cruise we had rough waters and over 50 mile winds. The ship ran out of them!

That meant we could not go to Great Stirrup Caye I was really not happy but the captain advised the water had 8 foot high waves which meant it was a danger. So we spent Saturday at sea. The sun was out and everyone was at the pool. Very crowded and all lounge chairs were taken. We managed to find some and spent the day under the sun.

Sunday was Nassau and again all water activities were cancelled due to the water conditions. We did go to Atlantis took a tour of the aquariums, very neat but I would not go back. As others have posted this place is expensive. So back to port did some shopping and made our way back to the ship.

I had a good time and would do it again just on a bigger ship and for a longer cruise. I am hoping my experience next time is better.

Happy cruising!