Sapphire Princess Cruise Review by cheapodepot

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Sapphire Princess Cruise Review by cheapodepot
Sapphire Princess
Sapphire Princess
Member Name: cheapodepot
Cruise Date: April 2012
Embarkation: Los Angeles
Destination: Mexican Riviera
See More About: Sapphire Princess Cruise Reviews | Mexican Riviera Cruise Reviews | Princess Cruise Deals

California Coastal: Good service, food and itinerary.
I called Princess customer service before my cruise sailing to ask a couple questions about the ship and had a very bad experience. The customer service reps were rude and one of them cut me off while I was asking a question and one of them stated that they, "had to many darn phones ringing." I called customer service again to speak with a supervisor and Senior Customer Relations Rep said that, "supervisor's didn't field customer calls." My understanding was that the ship has had some recent upgrades but I felt someone from Princess should have had a little more info available to answer passenger questions. Princess definitely needs to improve their Consumer Relations Dept. The agent was a little helpful by saying that she would comp me a bottle of champagne and she eventually provided me with the correct information. Needless to say, my wife and I didn't have very high expectations for our upcoming cruise.

Our check-in before boarding the ship was quick and painless. It took only a few minutes for our cruise documents to be checked and we were given a number that would be called for boarding. Unfortunately, it does seem that boarding is on a first come first board basis without regard for elite and platinum members. After about half an hour of waiting we were aboard the ship.

The ship was newly renovated and boasted a beautiful atrium with adjacent shops, small cafes and bars. The casino was slightly above average in size and contained a good mix of slot and table games. Overall the ship's appearance was as modern as any other ship I have been on.

The restaurants on the ship included four freestyle dining options with similar menus for each (although each restaurant had 1 unique entree each evening). There was also 1 traditional dining option as well. Passengers could also enjoy two speciality restaurant options, Sabatini's and Sterling Steakhouse for an additional $20 per person, per dinner. For a more casual dining experience, passengers could also enjoy the Horizon Court Buffet. The wait staff on the was very friendly and professional each evening. One minor issue is that after 12:00am your only dining options are a small cafe with limited choices or room service.

Our trip sailed during the Easter Holiday and Princess provided several different religious services. Choices for passengers included a Catholic Mass, Non-denominational Service, and if I remember correctly some form of Jewish Service, respectfully. My wife and I attended the Non-denominational service which was lead by a pastor with a very encouraging and uplifting message.

Ports:

1. Santa Barbara

2. San Fransico

3. San Diego

4. Ensenada, Mexico

This California Coastal itinerary was very relaxing and on-board attention to service was among the best. I would definitely recommend sailing with Princess Cruises.

Publication Date: 04/18/12