Rotterdam Cruise Review by boston41: Hawaii/ South Pacific Adventure

Hawaii/ South Pacific Adventure

Sail Date: March 2012
Destination: South Pacific
Embarkation: San Diego

We did the 30 day Hawaii South Pacific Cruise.

While the Rotterdam is an older ship there is still a lot of charm. Enjoyed the library area and the lounge areas on that level were very comfortable. While we had an inside cabin, it was roomy and comfortable.

The ship is due to go into dry dock in Germany this December. Besides doing refurbishing, they need to do a major disinfecting of the whole interior. People have been getting sick aboard the Rotterdam for the last several cruises. You couldn't escape the racking chest coughs that so many passengers had. Thank goodness I travel with an antibiotic, as the only thing the ship offered was Cipro which is for gastrointestinal problems. Three of my table-mates were diagnosed with pneumonia upon seeing their personal physicians when returning home.

Probably my major complaint was watching them change the beds for the next cruise and realizing that they did not remove the mattress pad or the blankets for More washing. I'm sorry I didn't realize that at the beginning of the cruise.

The crew was a wonderful group of friendly and helpful people always ready to help. The food was very good and choices were plentiful.

The entertainment left a lot to be desired. There were a few talented entertainers that offered us an opportunity for a pleasant evening.

Seeing the South Pacific Islands was wonderful. The views from the boats on snorkeling trips were amazing! Moorea was by far my favorite with Bora Bora following right behind.

If your a lover of poolside sunning and swimming, you better love the sun as there aren't any shaded areas to place a lounge chair - forward or aft on the ship. One pool is also not enough to accommodate the many guest, but that's OK because they only have about 50 lounge chairs around the pool.

All in all, it was a wonderful adventure and good value. The 30 days at sea seemed to fly by. Less

Published 04/18/12

Read more Rotterdam cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Rotterdam Review >>

Compare Prices on Rotterdam South Pacific Cruises

Cabin review: I2608 Large Interior Stateroom

Our cabin was comfortable and well located.

Read All Large Interior Stateroom (I) Reviews >>
boston41
Member Since 2012
Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X