Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by family4nj

Cabin Category: D4
Entertainment 5+
        3-6 3.0

Not so good!!!!!
Not what we expected. Too many people, not enough personal service. Food ok, attempts by dining room staff to up sell while dining is unbelievable. Specialty restaurants were not worth the money. Any customer service problems were met with staff unwilling to accept responsibility or rectify problem. Zip Line, rock climbing wall and wave rider not open nearly as much as we expected. No cruise staff to join you during excursions, you are at the mercy of the excursion group. The entertainment was great, all shows awesome! Ship is new and well kept. Could use more supervisory staff in the pools areas to control the out of control kids.

Some specific problems were.

1. Dry cleaning promised to be returned at 5 pm one evening. We had diner scheduled and when I called after 5 to find out where the cleaning was, I was told that our cabin steward was on break and therefore I should not expect the cleaning until later in the evening. When I expressed my displeasure with the supervisor, he asked if that was all I brought to wear? (meaning the clothes in cleaning). What kind of question is that? He should have found someone to retrieve my items along with his apologies. I eventually got the items and we made diner slightly late.

2. My daughters 5th birthday was to be celebrated at diner on the 1st formal night as a surprise (our travel agent ordered a cake for us to be delivered at that time). The cake showed up in our cabin earlier in the day, ruining the surprise. When I called to complain, the food service representative asked if we could "just celebrate now since the cake was already there". Again poor remedy for a problem that was created by little attention to detail. The cake was picked up and delivered later that night to the maitre d ( the same cake was sitting in the dining room reception podium when we arrived for dinner) . I can only imagine where that cake had been?? We refused to eat it.

3. My time dining reservations on line leave a lot to be expected, we prepaid our tips and expected to be able to eat when we wanted to, unfortunately we were advised prior to leaving to make reservations. The only times available were 5:30-6:15 each day. I guess my time dining is good if you don't expect to eat any other time.

Over all the staff was less than helpful during these noted issues, not one crew member we had contact with gave us the impression that they were willing to go out of their way for us? This was disappointing.

Publication Date: 04/18/12