Carnival Fantasy Cruise Review by cmh1976

7-9 5+
        16+ 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Awesome!!
We only live about 4 hours from Charleston which is the main reason we book a cruise on the Fantasy. As everyone knows, it's a smaller ship then most today, however, that isn't a bad thing. It was easy to get to everything without it taking so long and being overly crowded. We sailed from Friday April 13th-Wednesday April 18th.

EMBARKATION:

We arrived at the parking area early and got on board in less than an hour (I recommend early- you'll be able to park in the covered parking garage). Some had to park outside.

We had about 4 hours before the ship left so we checked to see if our room was ready and it was. Main deck - midship - great location. Easy access to all three elevators/stairs. No noise from the casinos/bars or the engines.

24hrs -pizza, lemonade, tea, water, ice cream, and room service. ALL FREE

One thing that wasn't clear on other reviews was......The Lido buffet is NOT 24 hrs. They open from 7:30am-10:30am. Re-open at 12pm -2:30pm, then again around 6pm-9:30pm

Another thing......Camp Carnival - NOT open all day. The times varied each day. One day they might be open from 10am-12pm. Closed until 3pm etc. You are given a schedule for every day. My son loved it. Our daughter was in the Club O2. They also were not open all day. Most of her activities didn't start until 1pm, sometimes later depending on the day. She also had a great time. If they were open all day, that would give parents more time to check out things they didn't want to bring the kids to.

Sea day was great. There's lots to do on board. Every 1/2 -hour they had something going on or you could just lounge by the pool or go down the twister slide...

FREEPORT: I actually liked this port better than Nassau. Alot of reviews I've read said you had to take a taxi everywhere - not true. There are some shops close to the boat and you can venture into the straw market (highly DO NOT recommend). We are there on vacation to relax and those people are crazy. We splurged on the Dolphin Encounter through Carnival. The taxi guy picked us up and on the way gave us a history about Freeport which was really interesting. We took a small pontoon boat over to UNEXSO - the boat guys were great). We spent alot of time with the dolphins. Great experience.

NASSAU: A mini New York! I'm pretty sure you have to take a taxi everywhere or you'll get ran over. Everyone is always trying to make a deal. We were offered a 3.5 hour tour by "Shabbi" the taxi driver for $50 for all four of us. He gave us a tour of the upper class area, lower class area, a battle field area, stopped at four different shopping areas before going back to the boat. Let me tell you, the highlight of the trip was his driving! They drive on the left side and they drive crazy!! I think a stop sign means slow down and keep going if you don't see anyone. Oh.."Shabbi charged on couple $60 for the tour. Like I said, everyone wants to deal so haggle.

SOME THINGS THAT ARE NOT FREE: Spa treatments, alcohol, casino, sodas, gift shops (of course), professional pictures (they take). That's all I can think of right now.

DEBARKATION: Very easy. You have the option of leaving your bags outside your cabin between 8pm-12am and they will take your luggage to the terminal for you or you can choose self-assist. We chose self-assist and were in our car within an hour. The people that chose self-assist go first.

OVERALL: The cruise was great. There was always something fun to do. Nassau scared me a little but there were three ships at that port and only our ship at Freeport. That might have been why Nassau was so crowded. I hope this review is helpful!

Publication Date: 04/18/12