Disney Dream Cruise Review by indychristine: Not The Perfect Dream....but darn close!

indychristine
Member Since 2009

Compare Prices on Disney Dream Bahamas Cruises

Not The Perfect Dream....but darn close!

Sail Date: February 2012
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

We sailed on the Dream in Feb 2011. She had not been sailing long at this point and I think it showed.
We have always loved DCL. We have sailed on the Magic and the Wonder and are sailing on the Fantasy in May. We have enough experience, that I think, we can tell when things are a bit "off" and they were.

The ship is beautiful. The adult area is nice. I have to say on both the Magic and the Wonder we have never really used the adult pool areas much due to it always being so crowded. But on the Dream we were able to use it and it was quite nice except for the constant flow of under 18's and even the flow of parents bringing their toddlers through. There was such a flow that it became too obvious to ignore. And noisy. I love the kids!! I really do!! But I go to the adult area to get away from the noise. So it was disappointing to have them and their parents walking through...constantly.

The food and the servers were a bit sub-par.....again I think it was because of More the newness of the ship. That is all that I can attribute it to because in our experience we have never had service like this on a DCL ship. They were terribly slow and there was no personal touches. I do not even think, after 4 nights, they knew who we were! That is so not Disney!

We loved the Aqua Duck! It was great.

BTW.....we travel without kids and think that a DCL ship is great for adults without kids! BUT...if the adult areas do not remain adult then what is the point? I really think that the parents who are walking through with their children would care more about us childless adults and our sanctuary...I mean after all they are one of us! LOL The kids will grow up one day and then you too will want to enjoy some childless time. :)

I will see how it goes on the Fantasy in a few weeks. If things are the same then we are moving on to Crystal or something of that kind.

In the meantime though...we love our DCL cruises and are willing to keep trying! At least one more time! Less

Read more Disney Dream cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Disney Dream Review >>

Cabin review: Disney Dream Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah Deck 7

We had a Deluxe Ocean view with veranda on deck 7 Mid. We loved the location to the elevators. The room was spacious enough for us two and there was plenty of storage available in the room , especially under the bed. We love the split bathrooms. The veranda was nice but I do wish they had loungers instead of chairs on the verandas!

We did not do any excursions while in Nassau. While in Castaway Cay we did snorkeling and we had a great time. It was fun and great for beginners like us. There are fun things to discover underwater and plenty of fish.