Carnival Freedom Cruise Review by Joe and the British Lads

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Freedom Cruise Review by Joe and the British Lads
Carnival Freedom
Carnival Freedom
Member Name: Joe and the British Lads
Cruise Date: April 2012
Destination: Southern Caribbean
See More About: Carnival Freedom Cruise Reviews | Southern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Entertainment 5+

Best Holiday Ever!
In the build up to this Cruise, my friend and I had big hopes, dreams even of what events/adventures could possibly happen once we were at sea. With both of us inexperienced in the ways of cruising, we looked to our other friends, seasoned veterans in the ways of the ship social scene. After getting settled in our rooms and spending time aimlessly wandering around the ship, mystified by its size and complexity, we found the BAR! which bar exactly I could not tell you as I was still struggling with my bearings at the end of the vacation. Sadly this is going to become a rather repetitive statement as I was fairly intoxicated for 80% of this magical voyage. The point to take away from this, is that the level of service and care shown by each and every member of staff working in and around the bars was nothing short of exceptional. As pleased as I was with this level of service, my bank account was less than impressed!

On to the food; as a food fan myself, I was hugely impressed with the all you can eat attitude of each restaurant. The service was yet again, friendly and efficient, and the standard of the food was consistantly high. I heard complaints from others about dishes being cold, however I was fortunate enough not to encounter this problem throughout the cruise. One of the many perks of flirting shamelessly with your waitress.

The party mood I had been yearning for was completely and irreversibly encapsulated around the deck area during a sea day, and on one of the nights. DJ Matt Lane kept the tunes banging out for his entire set each and every day, and the dancing on display by a group of young athletic British stags put everyone else to shame. Safe to say, the wobble will never be the same again.

Finally I have saved the best for last; The entertainment.

Our merry band of drunkards wandered into each and every show the cruise put on for us and were equally astounded with each! Whether we were gasping in awe at the dancing heroics of the dance troupe through the Jump Jive set or in desperate need of a cold shower after the Big Easy show, we were at the edge of our seats throughout. The singing was nothing short of incredible! Upon the stage stood a tiny little angel, with a voice so powerful it could break your heart. If you were lucky enough you would catch a moment of eye contact with the female lead and would probably melt into your seat. The guy was good too. The shows were engaging and entertaining, differing on each night and majestically toying with my emotions. The final show performed by the staff was a Beatles show. As a proud Englishman, it was extremely important that this show was good, nay, epic. Luckily for me, it was. The interpretations of some of the classic Beatles tracks were fantastically performed by the entire cast. It was nothing short of an emotional rollercoaster.

We were lucky enough to socialise with many of the staff, and it made the cruise for all of us. They were all friendly and extremely helpful in showing us around the ports in order to find bars quicker and sometimes stuck around to really show us a good time!

There are only two downsides to the cruise in my opinion. Number one is the stupid rules about socialising with staff. I do not like it, I will never like it and i want it to change.

Number two is that upon my return to the marvellous lands of Great Britain...I have discovered I now hate my life and wish I could have remained at sea. The End x

Publication Date: 04/18/12