Carnival Sensation Cruise Review by JLE48: Never Again

Never Again

Sail Date: March 2012
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

I was surprised at Christmas for my birthday/ valentines day/ our anniversary with a weekend cruise to the Bahamas. Now its fair to say that we had already been on this same cruise in 2009. We also had another couple going with us who had booked this cruise prior to us and convinced my GF to surprise me and book it also.

Our first time around we had 13 people all family and friends and we had a blast. we were NOT impressed with the ship. My GF had been on a cruise before, except she had been on Royal Caribbean and loved it. We thought going into it that the fun we had out numbered the bad experience with the food and outdated decor of the ship- so we tried it again.

Getting on the ship was a breeze no real problems. While we were waiting for our room to be prepped we headed up to the lido deck to grab lunch and a couple of drinks. We then proceeded to our room to check to see if our luggage had made it. I need to note that if they don't have all the luggage to the More rooms by a certain time they bring they just leave the luggage on deck 8 near the art gallery where anyone can take it. This happened to us on the first cruise. This time we luckily had no problems. We we got to the room our bed was not pushed together like it should be and when I called our room attendant he was so rude. This happened the first cruise also but at least our room attendant game and introduced himself. We never met our attendant once. That night by gf became sea sick and headed to down to the room while they were turning down the bed they quickly finished for her and when the attendant came back to push the beds together he was nothing but rude to her. The next was the Bahamas- which I'm not very impressed with.

We ate int he dining room every night and that was the best part- Our table mates were a blast and so was our server. The food on the other hand had a lot to be desired.

They say you get what you pay for and in the scheme of things we did. There is no denying that what we paid was an awesome price. I'm also not going to deny that we had fun but They really need to revamp that ship and check the staff's attitudes at the door! Less

Read more Carnival Sensation cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Sensation Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Sensation U3

We were on the upper deck in the very front of the ship and when it was departing from the Bahamas in the morning all you could was the grinding of the backing up and when you were partying all night that is not a fun sound at 7:00 AM. Also, you can feel everything.