Celebrity Eclipse Cruise Review by japinch: Celebrity Does a Good Job!

Celebrity Eclipse 5
Member Since 2012
0 Forum Posts

Compare Prices on Celebrity Eclipse Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Celebrity Does a Good Job!

Sail Date: April 2012

First time on Celebrity. The ship was very impressive. The rooms were very clean and the staff was on the most part friendly. The first few days out were rough, so it was hard to get around the ship to explore.The meals were actually very good. The main dining room was always good and Q-Sine was a very good restaurant. Our head waiter-Sammy and Arvin-made us feel at home every night and were extremely welcoming. The pools were very crowded and chairs were an issue for some. Managed to get a massage at the spa and I have to say it was very good. The ports were..the ports. Nothing spectacular, but I love St. Maarten and the excursion was run smoothly and efficiently. Went to one show-which was also good. The only negative was that we were requested to leave our room for 3 hours-on a day at sea-so that maintenance could polish the marble on the services in the room. I thought this was a weird request being that all our stuff was on all the surfaces and we weren't at port. I declined the More request and felt that this was not acceptable.
Our butler service in the suite was fantastic. Richard was friendly and very helpful. We got room service every morning for breakfast and it was a nice treat. The martini bar was a cool experience with the young bartenders showing off their "cocktail" expertise. At times, I did not find them very friendly. The crew was impressive, they would walk around the deck on "at sea" days and stopped to chat to the guests. I thought this was a nice touch. Wifi is an issue. The I-lounge was down a lot, but packages were reasonable if you needed to get on line.
All in all it was a nice vacation. Not a lot of activities for kids under 18. It is more of an adult ship. Just got my land legs back yesterday, but I think the next trip will be just that- on land.
If you love cruising, the ship was a nice one. The pictures on line are a good depiction of the boat and its amenities. Less

Published 04/18/12

Read more Celebrity Eclipse cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Eclipse Review >>

Cabin review: CS1112 Celebrity Suite

Orient Beach was a nice day out-excursion was well run.

Skip X