Carnival Fantasy Cruise Review by archeryshack: Interesting Honeymoon Cruise

Compare Prices on Carnival Fantasy Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Interesting Honeymoon Cruise

Sail Date: March 2012
Embarkation: Charleston

Let me begin by saying this was our honeymoon. I had been on a cruise before and she was a first time cruiser. We began our cruise on Saturday and arrived at noon (bad idea)! It took 3 hours from the time we entered the parking lot until the time we made it to our stateroom. After I calmed down from that experience I was impressed with our stateroom with 2 port windows. I booked late and got a $100 onboard credit for each of us. The first day we learned what to do in case of emergency, after the meeting we had just left port. We made our way to the top of the ship and watched people dance and act crazy as we left Charleston. That evening we enjoyed dinner and explored the ship.

On day two we had a day at sea and explored more of the ship. The ship does move around alot so if you get sea sick make sure you take medicine.

On day three we were in Key West, FL. We were docked at a military base and had to take a trolley (free) into town. We explored all the touristy More places in Key West and made our way back to the Fort Zachary Taylor State Park for the beach. I was very dissapointed at the beaches in Key West, they were rocky and hurt our feet. Be sure to take swimming shoes if you get in the water.

On day three we were docked at Freeport. When we got off the ship it looked like a very run down area, we payed $10 to get a van ride to port Lucaya and back. The shops were very much like a flea market. We enjoyed the beaches at My Port Lucaya for a $15 fee each. This included restrooms, towels,chairs and they had several restaurants on premises. On this night we both ate beer battered fish, and after taking one bite we both knew it wasnt cooked all the way. We sent our fish back and ordered something different. About an hour later we were both in our stateroom vomitting violently. Neither one of us had been seasick and knew it came from that bad fish.

The next day we were at Nassau, but we felt so bad we didn't get off the boat until 3pm. It was very nice to walk directly off the boat and into town, and we walked around for about two hours until we had to get back on.

The next day was a day at sea and we were ready to be home, the food poisoning had really ruined it for us, so we didn't do much this day.

We chose to carry our own luggage off the next morning (at 6:45am) and it only took 20 minutes to get from our stateroom to the car. We both enjoyed the first part of our cruise but I think we will wait a while until we cruise again. They did have two great shows we attended, and lots of bingo! Less

Read more Carnival Fantasy cruise reviews >>