Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by adamsj87

Cruise Date: April 2012
Embarkation: other
Cabin Category: JS
Entertainment 5+

Allure is the only way to go!
Took the Western Caribbean Allure of the Seas ship from Port Everglades April 8th. We originally booked a category "M" deck 11 large interior. (I hate the interior balcony I had on the Oasis last year so I figured we would save the money).

We literally walked on the ship in less than 15 minutes. I have been on Carnival ships and waited nearly an hour. Royal is by far the most organized ship I have ever seen for having 6,000 people on board.

-Rita's Cantina- 3 drinks and dinner for $20 pp. So much fun, the games, the dancing, the drinks, it was a blast!

-Windjammer is a joke, dont waste your time eating that cafeteria food. There are so many options on this ship.

-Room service was decent

-Park Cafe- ate a salad here almost everyday for lunch. One of my favorite restaurants on the ship

-Dining room was great but not as good as the Oasis. Lobster was fantastic and so was the staff. Looks like they cut back on the presentation of the food like most ships.

Won the raffle at Bingo and they moved us to a suite on day 2. THIS SUITE WAS AMAZING! If you have an extra 6k to spend, I highly recommend this room. The balcony was huge, walk in closet, bath tub, extra space, living room, simply amazing. Well worth the $71 bingo game.

Ports of Call

Labadee is the private island for Royal Caribbean....highly recommend the zipline tour or renting a cabana.

Falmouth- We did the Choukka Beach tour. Book an excursion for this port, it is pretty rough.

Cozumel- Absolute favorite port! Took a cab to Paradise Beach at 9am and we were the first people there. No need for an excursion, buy a $12 wristband and you can use all the beach toys, kayaks, etc you would like.

This is my 17th cruise and this was by far one of the best cruises I have been on besides the Oasis. A little pricey but you get what you pay for. No one beats the entertainment on Royal Caribbean. Make sure to see Chicago and the comedy shows.

Publication Date: 04/18/12