Carnival Triumph Cruise Review by knight6328

Cruise Date: April 2012
Embarkation: Galveston
Cabin Category: 1A

Not a Triumph on Triumph
I decided that I would take a 5 night cruise from Galveston, TX because it is closer to my home in Colorado and doesn't cost as much to fly there. I generally go to Florida, stay the night before the cruise and get a transfer. This time, we flew directly into Houston Hobby, got a transfer and went to the port.

I was apprehensive of doing a transfer, worrying about whether the people would be at the airport waiting for us or not. I didn't need to worry, there was a nice, big sign showing where the Carnival passengers needed to be. The only draw back was that we had to wait a while for the bus (full size) to fill up with passengers, so my time on debarkation day had been reduced.

When we got to the port, the lines inside were insane! Come to find out the gangplank broke and the passengers had to be rerouted. The staff inside handled the registration quite quickly and we were on our way.

I am always excited to get on board and get my first meal, because generally I don't eat that morning knowing that food is already waiting. We got on board about 3:00pm and dinner was at 6:00, so I didn't eat much, but this was the beginning of a long, nasty road with Carnival food.

I have never been so disappointed in my life by the quality and selection of food. It was terrible!! So overcooked that everything was dry and tasteless. How do you make a dessert look beautiful but with no flavor. This wasn't just limited to Lido but the restaurants as well.

We also had stained duvets and pillowcases... I had them removed. I thought that Carnival's policy was to remove this linen and donate it to some of the port countries that they visit.

The amenity basket had virtually nothing in it... and the staff for the most part was rude.

I felt that I was deceived on a shore excursion as to what to expect and was upset to have paid a rather hefty fee for something I could have taken a taxi to and saved a lot of money!

Why are there only 2 ports of call on a 5 night cruise??? Two sea days which were their own nightmare.

I have another Carnival cruise booked in October to go platinum... I hope I haven't made a big mistake. I am generally a Carnival supporter, but now.....

Publication Date: 04/18/12