Ruby Princess Cruise Review by LuvDCaribbean: 1st time on Princess - we had a spectacular time.

Ruby Princess 5
LuvDCaribbean
Member Since 2012
17 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

1st time on Princess - we had a spectacular time.

Sail Date: April 2012

I traveled with my wife, I am 51. This might have been my 20th cruise, but only my 1st review. My last cruise was in 2008 on Oceania, the Nautica.

Our main concern was the Noro Virus. All gone I guess, the ship was spotless. Embarkation was very quick & smooth - on time.

The ship seemed too large at 1st, but we quickly adjusted & just loved it. 3,400 passengers on this trip. The "movies under the stars" is such a nice touch. And the other large pool area is completely separate with live & pre-recorded music. Chairs were always available somewhere. Perfect! The gym was good. The running track upstairs was a bit small. Our room was fine - balcony on Riviera Deck. The shower is very small.

Room service was fast & friendly. We did breakfast on the balcony a couple times, and a late sandwich 1 night. The buffets were large with different themes every day. Large selections I thought. The grill by the pool was great too, and they even do breakfast. More The pizza & ice cream station were both ok. And during disembarkation - everything was still open! That really put the exclamation point on it for me. Perfect.

The casino was fine. The casino staff were very friendly. Loads of fun here.

The entertainment was fantastic - however we were on the "Entertainer of the Year" cruise, so we may have been shown the best-of-the-best. Pretty darn good!

During sailing time - plenty of typical activities : Basketball shoot-out, ping-pong, pool-side competitions, & putting tourney. No shuffleboard....odd for a cruise ship I thought.

Overall we had a surprisingly awesome time. Will do it again! Less

Published 04/17/12

Read more Ruby Princess cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Ruby Princess Review >>

Compare Prices on Ruby Princess Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Cabin review: BCR247 Balcony

Perfect room location. Tiny shower, large closet for hanging clothes.

Read All Balcony (BC) Reviews >>

Margaritaville. Everyone happy & loving life at this place. Lots of fun. Nice bars & some friendly competitions pool-side.
Read 1315 Grand Turk Reviews

Nice & relaxing stop. Was a great beach day for us. Beach Chairs everywhere.

Rhino Rider excursion was sold out (hint - pre-book it early if you want this). So all we did was walk around shopping, drinking & eating. Barefoot bar has a 2nd floor with view of the beach & all the ships - our favorite. The Hard Rock was not good. It's an easy walk to the town from the pier, but they do offer taxi-boat rides to & from the town/pier for maybe $6. Walk, no problem.

Catamaran Tour

Castaway Girl catamaran tour to the sunken ship. We saw a couple whales which was a huge bonus, and they where pretty close to our little catamaran. The snorkeling was not the greatest, but the trip was sure fun.

Compare Prices on Ruby Princess Eastern Caribbean Cruises

LuvDCaribbean
Member Since 2012
17 Forum Posts
Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X