Ruby Princess Cruise Review by LuvDCaribbean: 1st time on Princess - we had a spectacular time.

LuvDCaribbean
Member Since 2012

Compare Prices on Ruby Princess Eastern Caribbean Cruises

1st time on Princess - we had a spectacular time.

Sail Date: April 2012

I traveled with my wife, I am 51. This might have been my 20th cruise, but only my 1st review. My last cruise was in 2008 on Oceania, the Nautica.

Our main concern was the Noro Virus. All gone I guess, the ship was spotless. Embarkation was very quick & smooth - on time.

The ship seemed too large at 1st, but we quickly adjusted & just loved it. 3,400 passengers on this trip. The "movies under the stars" is such a nice touch. And the other large pool area is completely separate with live & pre-recorded music. Chairs were always available somewhere. Perfect! The gym was good. The running track upstairs was a bit small. Our room was fine - balcony on Riviera Deck. The shower is very small.

Room service was fast & friendly. We did breakfast on the balcony a couple times, and a late sandwich 1 night. The buffets were large with different themes every day. Large selections I thought. The grill by the pool was great too, and they even do breakfast. More The pizza & ice cream station were both ok. And during disembarkation - everything was still open! That really put the exclamation point on it for me. Perfect.

The casino was fine. The casino staff were very friendly. Loads of fun here.

The entertainment was fantastic - however we were on the "Entertainer of the Year" cruise, so we may have been shown the best-of-the-best. Pretty darn good!

During sailing time - plenty of typical activities : Basketball shoot-out, ping-pong, pool-side competitions, & putting tourney. No shuffleboard....odd for a cruise ship I thought.

Overall we had a surprisingly awesome time. Will do it again! Less

Read more Ruby Princess cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Ruby Princess Review >>

Cabin review: Ruby Princess Oceanview Double with Balcony Aloha Deck R247

Perfect room location. Tiny shower, large closet for hanging clothes.

Margaritaville. Everyone happy & loving life at this place. Lots of fun. Nice bars & some friendly competitions pool-side.

Nice & relaxing stop. Was a great beach day for us. Beach Chairs everywhere.

Rhino Rider excursion was sold out (hint - pre-book it early if you want this). So all we did was walk around shopping, drinking & eating. Barefoot bar has a 2nd floor with view of the beach & all the ships - our favorite. The Hard Rock was not good. It's an easy walk to the town from the pier, but they do offer taxi-boat rides to & from the town/pier for maybe $6. Walk, no problem.

Catamaran Tour

(5)
Castaway Girl catamaran tour to the sunken ship. We saw a couple whales which was a huge bonus, and they where pretty close to our little catamaran. The snorkeling was not the greatest, but the trip was sure fun.