Ruby Princess Cruise Review by LuvDCaribbean

Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+

Ship Facts: Ruby Princess Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Ruby Princess Deck Plans
1st time on Princess - we had a spectacular time.
I traveled with my wife, I am 51. This might have been my 20th cruise, but only my 1st review. My last cruise was in 2008 on Oceania, the Nautica.

Our main concern was the Noro Virus. All gone I guess, the ship was spotless. Embarkation was very quick & smooth - on time.

The ship seemed too large at 1st, but we quickly adjusted & just loved it. 3,400 passengers on this trip. The "movies under the stars" is such a nice touch. And the other large pool area is completely separate with live & pre-recorded music. Chairs were always available somewhere. Perfect! The gym was good. The running track upstairs was a bit small. Our room was fine - balcony on Riviera Deck. The shower is very small.

Room service was fast & friendly. We did breakfast on the balcony a couple times, and a late sandwich 1 night. The buffets were large with different themes every day. Large selections I thought. The grill by the pool was great too, and they even do breakfast. The pizza & ice cream station were both ok. And during disembarkation - everything was still open! That really put the exclamation point on it for me. Perfect.

The casino was fine. The casino staff were very friendly. Loads of fun here.

The entertainment was fantastic - however we were on the "Entertainer of the Year" cruise, so we may have been shown the best-of-the-best. Pretty darn good!

During sailing time - plenty of typical activities : Basketball shoot-out, ping-pong, pool-side competitions, & putting tourney. No shuffleboard....odd for a cruise ship I thought.

Overall we had a surprisingly awesome time. Will do it again!

Publication Date: 04/17/12