River Baroness Cruise Review by ParisMatch: A Virgin River Cruiser

A Virgin River Cruiser

Sail Date: April 2012
Destination: Europe - River Cruise
Embarkation: Paris

I work full time too many hours and had not taken a break for sometime, so it was with great delight when my birthday present arrived a Grand France River Cruise aboard the River Baroness and River Royale. I'm a virgin to river cruising and therefor had no real expectations.

We arrived in Paris after 24 hours travel time tired but excited the Radisson Blu in Paris lovely room large by Paris standards lots of storage, clean, great filling breakfasts (included) awesome decor wonderful staff,only negative when we. We're there, there was an awful odor in the hallway and main foyer this was in March 2012. Our UNiworld host Carmen was first class very professional nothing was to much effort. During those 2 days in Paris the tours were first class and the guides very knowledgable. Once we were onbord the River Baroness the fun started, firstly our suite we were on the level 3 right below top deck yes it's small but heh who stays in their suite plus the decor is fantastic the More bathroom products first class AND it's so so so clean. We had a double balcony door window which fully opened to the wonderful views.

The rest of the ship or ships we also travelled on the RIver ROyale was first class. Let's start with the dining room, just beautiful in both ships and the staff we loved Bogdan, Georgiev and Eric on the Royale can't remember the names on the Baronness my fault as they were just as good. The food was five star the service seven star everyday different except breakfast. The lounge was also top notch lovely decor five star outlook great service awesome staff and good entertainment. Now for the main bit the tours at every stop we had incredible tours with good options, the guides for the most part were first class and had very good knowledge of the history and local areas. I have travelled the world and can honestly say this first River Cruise was above and beyond what I expected I must mention the average age is approx 60 however we also had ages from 20 - 80 every passenger was bright and fun except a couple so one cannot complain about that. Kids none so leave them at home. Emanuelle you rock thank you UNiworld you will see me and Rob again, plus we have already recommended to all. Seriously do this tour it's just wonderful Less

Read more River Baroness cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's River Baroness Review >>

Cabin review: River Baroness Outside Double Normandy Deck

Tiny great views clean quite