Eurodam Cruise Review by Shay's Sister

Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+

Ship Facts: Eurodam Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Eurodam Deck Plans
Reluctant Cruiser
My friend won a FREE Holland America cruise and took me with her to the Eastern Caribbean! She had cruised the Western Caribbean in November and won the cruise at that time. I had never given cruising much thought as it seemed confining and pretty much all about eating. Boy was I wrong! I absolutely loved cruising.

The attention to detail was amazing and the service crew that I interacted with were wonderful. Yes, there was TONS of food but the menus were creative - I don't think I ever had the same thing twice. There were countless things to do on the ship - food and computer classes, swimming, gambling, and entertainment in several areas. We especially enjoyed listening to the violin group and the gentleman at the piano bar. I never saw any rowdy behavior. It was truly the most relaxed I have been in a long time.

I enjoyed our stops at the ports (never long enough!) but was surprised at how ready I was to return to the "mothership" at the end of the day. We had an interior cabin (it was free after all!) and I was surprised at how comfortable and roomy it was. I've had the same size hotel room in London. The bathroom was really nice, plenty of room even when we were both at the sink. The closets easily housed all our stuff (2 carry-ons, 2 large suitcases) and there was room to store the suitcases too. I was impressed at how well thought out everything was, from the disease prevention measures when we first boarded to the removal of luggage the night before our return. Well done. I could not have had a better experience.

Publication Date: 04/17/12