Crown Princess Cruise Review by LillyBob: Crown Princess 3/31/12

Overall Member Rating

Crown Princess 3/31/12

Sail Date: March 2012
Destination: Southern Caribbean

We had an overall great time on the Crown. I would have to say that for a 34 & 36 year old (female and male), we found the Sanctuary to be worth every penny for the week reservation. We used it 5 of the 7 days. You can enjoy delivered food, but wait for the sample trays that come on sea days. We got mini sandwiches, quiches, tortillas, etc. Absolutely amazing. They bring you chilled fruit infused water and cold, damp wash clothes to help you enjoy the hot sun.

We also decided to enjoy a couples hot stone massage in a private cabana. AMAZING!! I think we both walked out of the spa ready for a nap!! At almost $500 I still think I got my $$ worth.

If you are looking for a fun evening (and you are in our age range) don't hold your breath. We went to the piano bar, Wheelhouse bar (with live band), casino (we aren't big gamblers), hypnotist, Broadway inspired show, and MUTS. We had to search for something to do after dinner each evening. We weren't looking for a party, More but we wanted fresh entertainment each evening. Unfortunately, we were disappointed. This ship is geared towards the retirement age bracket.

The food was pretty good. We dined in the MDR, Wheelhouse bar (fish and chips), and buffets. We did not indulge in the premium restaurants. The staff was attentive and the food was as expected. The only exception I would give is on formal nights in the MDR. The food was restaurant quality on those evenings. I was impressed!

I would be remiss if I didn't recognize the room stewards. Ours was beyond fabulous! She was always there, but her presence was never intrusive. She had such attention to detail. She saw our bottle of wine and left a corkscrew and wine glasses. I know that may seem insignificant, but that was just one small example of her awareness and ability to anticipate our needs. She was a true highlight in our trip!

Bottom line...we enjoyed ourselves, it was vacation after all! We just will look to a different cruise line next time. Less

Published 04/16/12

Read more Crown Princess cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Crown Princess Review >>

Compare Prices on Crown Princess Southern Caribbean Cruises

Cabin review: BAL242 Balcony

cabin L 242-Awesome location. So close to all the hustle and bustle of the Lido deck without the noise!! One major downside is that the door that leads to the port side cabins that is closest to this room is near the smoking section. We are non smokers and hate the smell. I would say this was a minor inconvenience.

Read All Balcony (BA) Reviews >>
LillyBob
Member Since 2011
5 Forum Posts
Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X