Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review by Chico12: Wonderful vacation!

Chico12
Member Since 2012

Compare Prices on Celebrity Silhouette Southern Caribbean Cruises

Wonderful vacation!

Sail Date: March 2012
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Embarkation: Other

I will start with the port of Cape Liberty. Yes it is a little primitive compared to some ports but the procedure is good and we had no problem. The 2 minute bus ride is for the passengers safety. Both on and off the ship with over 3000 passengers to take care of they know what they are doing.
This was a beautiful ship. We had a cabin on the 6Th deck forward and liked being close to the elevators, which we never had a wait for on this entire cruise. The forward elevators took you right up to the Solarium Pool area, the Aqua Spa area and The Lawn Club Grill and down to the Theater. Very convenient for us. To go to the Main Dining Room we just took the elevator to the 4Th deck and walked through to the main elevators and took it down 1 level, I use a cane. The alternative restaurants are on deck 5 above the main Dining room.
We really enjoyed the food in the Main Dining Room, Grand Cuvee. However we also dined at The Tuscan Grill, incredible; The Murano, elegant; The Lawn Club More Grill, good food and fun. Great Maitre D, Karol!! Wonderful service; Quisine was so very different and so very good. Just Do Not eat all of anything. Save room for dessert. We purchased the dining package that included all of the above and twice in Tuscan Grill. So very worth it. It reduces the fee to manageable.
We also purchased the Premium beverage packages. My husband the alcohol pkg and me the non alcohol pkg, I do not drink. He loved this even if it did not pay off, he liked the all inclusive feel to the cruise. Drink prices were on the line with an average priced restaurant. I definitely liked the non alcohol pkg. Lots of Evian water and special teas (Cafe Bacio) and virgin Frozen Drinks. Word to the wise, the ships water does not agree with me I only drank bottled water this cruise and did not have swollen ankles for the first cruise ever. Something to do with the process they use to purify the water. Too bad because the ships water is very good.
The ports we visited were St. Thomas; St Kitts; St Lucia; St. John, Antigua and St.Martin. The islands are economically depressed. They do not keep up the tourist areas. We took ships tours and were glad we did as we did go to the best there was on each island. The water was wonderful and St Martin's Orient Beach was the most beautiful.
We would recommend this ship to everyone as it does it's job with making a vacation truly a vacation but this is Celebrity. Yes we have cruised other lines but hands down we love to cruise Celebrity. Less

Read more Celebrity Silhouette cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Silhouette Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Silhouette Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Veranda Continental Deck (6)