Bahamas Celebration 1

“Be aware of what you're getting”
Cruise review of Bahamas Celebration

poissonfood
Member Since 2012

Overall Member Rating

I recently went on Bahamas Celebration for the first time and was unpleasantly surprised. I knew the boat was smaller and older, but that did not prepare me for the following:

1. The "cruise" line won't allow you to bring your own beverages aboard. I fully comprehend why a cruise line won't allow alcoholic beverages as they are vital for profitability. However, the security staff would not allow you to bring even the following aboard: sealed bottles of soda. sealed bottles of water. sealed bottles of juice brought along for safety reasons by a diabetic friend. sealed bottles of milk for small children. This policy was not publicized anywhere until you tried to bring your bags through the security line to check in. By then, if you had had to valet your car for $15/night (the only parking option), you couldn't return anything to the car. I've been on multiple cruises and NEVER had security take away a sealed bottle of soda.
2. The cabin was roughly the size of a More broom closet. That's fine...but it was a dirty broom closet. The room smelled of diesel and the common areas smelled like a smoker's house that hadn't been opened for 20 years.
3. Food was mediocre at best, inedible at worst.
4. I really thought the cruise would try to charge me for using ice in my water. Everything had a price tag on it and there were a squadron of waitstaff incessantly trying to sell you things.
5. Disembarkation was a disorganized mess. It took almost two hours of standing in various lines to exit the boat and make it through customs.
6. The boat is small. And being a small boat, it couldn't handle moderate waves AT ALL. Vomit bags are tastefully placed in lavender sacks every 20 feet or so. So if you decide to take this cruise and are prone to sea sickness, come prepared.

All in all, I had a good time due to the company I was with, not the company I paid a lot of money to. You can do more economical and more enjoyable weekend cruises to the Bahamas on other cruise lines. Less

Overall Ratings

Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review:

63316
Tiny! Don't pack much: it won't fit. Also, hallway smells like diesel.

Published 04/17/12

Read Cruise Critic's Bahamas Celebration Review
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?