Carnival Fantasy Cruise Review by cruz_prnss: Great First Time Cruise!

cruz_prnss
Member Since 2012

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Carnival Fantasy Bahamas Cruises

Great First Time Cruise!

Sail Date: April 2012
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Charleston

My husband and I boarded our first cruise on April 7, 2012. The entire week was full of great experiences! On board and off.
First, the boarding process was quick and easy. We arrived at the port around 1130am, handed over our luggage, jumped on a shuttle, went through the entire checkin process to receive our cabin cards and check our carry on's in less than 5 mins and were on the ship with a drink in our hand by 1145am.
Being our first cruise, we were unsure of how the week would go. I've read some real horror stories here, but all I can say is, you get what you put into it. Our experience on the Carnival Fantasy was absolutely wonderful!
There were almost as many kids as there were adults on our cruise.. i'm sure this didn't make some people happy. We have children of our own, but I saw it as, HEY, I don't have to take care of them.. and it was nice seeing all the kids having such a good time. We very much enjoyed the Serenity(adults only) deck.
The man who More took care of our cabin was wonderful. He always greeted us by name and asked us if we were enjoying the cruise. I tipped him extra through out the week to let him know how much we appreciated his service.
Our server at dinner was also great! He was always making us laugh and was very engaging. Not one single time were we treated badly on board the Carnival Fantasy.
The constant pressure of getting your picture taken is a little annoying, but taking a minute to smile for the camera or politely tell them no thank you was fine.
The food was very good. They had something different every day at dinner. I did not notice that the food was used as left overs as others stated they had seen on their cruises. You do not have to take it as is, they are willing to cook you something different if you ask.
The shows were great! The house band on this ship was amazing!!! We went to see them almost every night. There was always something going on for the busy bodies on the ship.. It was nice to have the choice of staying active or relaxing in a lounge chair on the Lido deck.
Leaving the ship was just as easy as boarding. We were off, through customs and in a taxi within 30 mins of leaving our room.

Overall, this was a great first time experience. We didn't have too many expectations going in, but definitely feel that Carnival was there to treat us to a wonderful vacation. They went above and beyond. Less

Read more Carnival Fantasy cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Fantasy Review >>

Kayaking

(5.5)
AMAZING!! Kayaking through the mangroves then ending at a beautiful private beach. Definitely recommend!

Very touristy.
Read 730 Key West Reviews

We rented scooters and drove to the other end of the island. It was nice to get away from the hussle and bussle and relax on a quiet beach. Shopping at the straw market was too overwhelming. The locals are very aggressive to get you to buy their stuff.
Read 2615 Nassau Reviews