Pride of America Cruise Review by LBCDoc: Wedding Cruise

Wedding Cruise

Sail Date: March 2012
Destination: Hawaii
Embarkation: Honolulu

Overall, I have to say this was a great cruise. There were a couple of mishaps in regards to pre-boarding. Because we had the wedding on embarkation day before the cruise left we got to pre-board. The security staff and cruise staff seemed very confused by this. We were told several times we couldn't get our rooms or board. This caused myself (an already stressed out bride) to get annoyed. We did eventually get on and get our rooms. The wedding was simple, beautiful and I couldn't be happier with the staff!

I have to agree with the other reviews that Pride of America is more like a floating hotel. We had a balcony stateroom, which made the room seem larger. I was very impressed with the design of the room there were storage compartments everywhere! The fitness room was very nice. I wish they had more times for classes. I really wanted to take yoga, but they only offered it at one odd time. We did take spin though, which was fun.

We got off the ship at More every port. For shore excursions, we did the Jungle Falls ziplining in Hilo and Kayaking in Kauai. While I loved both excursions, the kayaking is not to be missed.

I really wish there were more options for entertainment. It was definitely geared for the 50+ crowd, but then again most of the cruisers were that age. We say the Aloha show and spent a couple of evenings in the piano bar. The show and the pianist were great.

The specialty restaurants we went to were Jefferson's Bistro,East meets West and Lazy J steakhouse. Skip East Meets West. I really enjoyed Lazy J and had a filet that was to die for. My husband and father got other cuts of steak and were not impressed. Jefferson's Bistro offered escargot and you can't get that at any old place. We also spent a lot of time at Goldrush Saloon. My husband is a beer snob and he loved the Hawaiian beers offered.

Had a great time! Will definitely be back for our anniversary in years to come! Less

Published 04/17/12

Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X