Carnival Sensation Cruise Review by NCcruisin: Fun Family Easter Cruise

Fun Family Easter Cruise

Sail Date: April 2012
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Other

I decided to write review because we had both veteren and newbie cruiser for this trip so we have two persepectives. This was my seventh cruise but my fiance and her daughters ( 15 & 10 ) have never been. I initially booked two adjoining oceanview portal rooms but decided to splurge and get one aft facing balcony and one inside room close by for the girls. I am so glad I did! Aft balcony was the bomb! and big balcony too.

Drove down from NC on Saturday. Stayed at Luna Sea Motel. Nothing special. Cheap, convenient. Ate at Rusty's by the Port. Good food but a little pricey. Took girls to Ron Jons surf shop. Went to bed early.

Sunday- Ate breakfast and used Park and Cruise. Online special $5.95/day. Easy to find and convenient. Got dropped off at Port about 11am. Went through security and had to get bag with sodas and wine inspected otherwise no hassle. Got through check in process and never even sat down. Walked straight on to ship. Did some exploring, ate lunch at Lido More buffet. Got into rooms at 1:30. Luggage got there shortly after. Muster drill at 3:30. Back up on Lido at 4:00 for sail away,dancing. Went to Spa for raffle at 4:15. Didn't win. Boat statred rocking shortly after leaving port and rocked all night. More than any other cruise I had been on. My poor fiance got seasick and we called it a night after dinner.
Monday- Freeport-Had booked Pat and Dianne snorkel cruise myself. Had a great time! Told Jason our daughter's 15th bday was that day. He made her feel special the whole time. Great experience. Shopped around Port Lucaya.
Tuesday- Nassau- Just did some shopping, ate at Senor Frogs. Relaxed on Serenity deck.
Wed- Day at Sea-Spent whole day on Serenity deck. Loved it but did get a little hot with no breeze at times.

All of our dinners were great. Dining staff excellent. (Thnaks Muhammed from Phillipines!)
Disembark-Did self assist. Got right off. Dropped one daughter's passport card but Carnival employee found and brought to me. Park n Cruise back to our van and we were on our way back to NC by 9:00am

Great time! Less