Carnival Valor Cruise Review by TNTCRUISE

Cabin Category: 8d
Public Rooms 5+
Value-for-Money Not Rated

Carnival Valor - Western Caribbean
First it was a madhouse trying to drop the luggage at the pier, then we couldn't find any parking spaces in the garage. Finally ended up parking my week old car outdoors. Then we proceeded to stand on line. Just when you thought you are on the last line, there is always another. It was spring break and probably one of the busiest days of the year, so what else would you expect.

We had 3 great cabins on the Lido deck by the main glass elevators. Although everyone traveling with us booked separate guarantee rooms (at different times) we ended up with cabins right by each other upgraded to 8D. We couldn't have asked for a better location.

Our cabin steward stunk! We never got pool towels and could never find him to ask for anything. We'd bring back towels from the pool & he would take them & not bring any back. We never got the key for the fridge. On past cruise we were given gifts as past guests (such as toiletry bags, big cookies for the kids, coupons, etc) we got our pins, but that's it.

The kids love ordering room service, so I felt sorry for the staff, but they never brought the right order and had to go back and forth several times for one order.

As for the rest of the staff on the Valor, they were cordial and adequate, but not very friendly. (with a few exceptions) I was disappointed

I thought the new ship was great, very interesting decor.

I wasn't thrilled with the food, but I guess it wasn't too bad since I gained about 5 lbs.

We were delayed thru customs in Belize which caused us to miss our Xtreme cave tubing excursion. The tour left without us and they will not give us our deposit back. If you don't have a tour booked in Belize, DON'T GET OFF THE BOAT!

Playa Mia in Cozumel was great, would go back again. It was nice to have almost everything included.

2 of the girls got a mystery fever on Friday/Saturday. My daughter went to bed fine but woke up around 3 am with 102.5 temp. She was burning up, I was afraid to go to sleep because it was so high & she was acting disoriented. I gave her some Motrin, put ice on her forehead and by 9am she was fine 98.6 degrees.

Another girl woke up fine on Saturday at 9am. By noon her temp was over 101, gave her some Motrin & by 3:30 she was fine. It was very, very strange, but luckily everyone was fine.

Overall we had a GREAT TIME and would go again. Just disappointed in the service, food, tendering, embarkation & debarkation process.

Publication Date: 08/23/05