Norwegian Sun Cruise Review by peggylee48

Member Name: peggylee48
Cruise Date: April 2012
Embarkation: Port Canaveral
Cabin Category: IA
See More About: Norwegian Sun Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | NCL Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: Norwegian Sun Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Norwegian Sun Deck Plans
First cruise but not the last.
We just got off the Sun yesterday, and we are already wanting to book another. We were a little unsure about our booking, since some reviews were not very good. But lesson learned is to check it out for yourself.

Embarkation day went smoothly, we were on the ship within a hour of checking in. We had a inside cabin and there was plenty of room. Suitcases fit nicely in the closet or under the bed. Bed was comfortable, and linens were fresh smelling and looked new. The television was older, but the picture quality was good, and movies were current. It was nice to have the webcam on the tv to see where the ship was headed. Bathroom was clean, and we had plenty of room for our toiletries. The shower had plenty of room for my husband, who is a larger man. The water pressure was great, and the hot water was hot, loved the shower! Never had a problem with the shower curtain clinging.

Food on the Sun was great. Breakfast we ate at the buffet, food was plentiful, and the food was fresh. The cut fruit was excellent, and by the way everyone was piling it up on their plates other people thought so to. I usually judge breakfast by how the place makes its oatmeal, and the oatmeal was excellent. Made to order omelets, or waffles were always good also. I never found it to be boring or lacking in flavor. Dinners were in the MDR and the food was always very good. In fact we didn't feel the need to go and check out the specialty restaurants. We never had to wait more than a few minutes to get a table.

Staff was great, everyone always said good morning, smiled, chatted with us, and made us feel right at home. They all work hard to keep the ship looking great. Our room steward was fantastic, and always had our room neat as a pin.

We went to bingo a few times, did we win? "not so much" but the assistant cruise director Sin and they rest of the staff was so funny, we had a great time not winning. We thought the shows were good, and since the setting was a smaller one it felt like they were just performing for you. We also visited the casino, I never found it to be so smoky that I couldn't stay and play, maybe less smokers on board.

We didn't have any troubles with the excursions, ( we booked thru NCL) and it was great not to worry about missing the ship. They delivered our excursion tickets the first night. The tours were great and had no problems. I would sail on the Sun again. I just couldn't find any of the things wrong that other people have posted, but again I guess you can't please everyone all the time. I love the freestyle way of cruising, and I think all of the staff went out of their way to make the guests feel good. Thanks NCL!

Publication Date: 04/16/12