Ruby Princess Cruise Review by Luckyone2: Outstanding Cruise Aboard the Ruby Princess

Luckyone2
Member Since 2007

Compare Prices on Ruby Princess Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Outstanding Cruise Aboard the Ruby Princess

Sail Date: April 2012

We arrived at Fort Lauderdale the day before our cruise so that we could go to the jetties and watch the parade of cruise ships leaving the port. We have been watching these cruise ships leave on www.portevergladeswebcam.com for months while impatiently waiting for our own cruise. We parked in the garage of Harbor Beach Marriott and walked down to the jetties. It was so cool to watch these huge ships leave! We had planned on eating at one of the many restaurants at Harbor Beach Marriott but after our walk to the jetties, we needed freshening up.

I Price-Lined a hotel and got the Hyatt Regency Pier 66. It is a nice hotel that is very close to the port. If I did it again, though, I think that I would have booked a hotel that was directly on the beach.

We arrived at the port at 11:15. The doors opened around 11:35. We were in our rooms at 12:30. The embarkation process was very quick and painless.

We had booked a BG guarantee and received a BB cabin. Our More room was very roomy and had a huge closet. The bathroom was typical cruise ship size. We met Mario, our room steward. Mario is the best! We always greeted us with a smile and friendly comment. Our room was always kept in immaculate condition.

We bought a banner to hang over our balcony so that our "wave" could be filmed on www.portevergladeswebcam.com. The filming didn't quite work out, but we still had great fun doing it. The food on the Ruby Princess has the best food that we have ever eaten on a cruise! We had late seating dinner. Our waiter, Santi, and assistant water, Alheli, always took good care of us. Once they found out that we loved our iced tea, it was always ready for us when we sat down. Santi always had the best recommendations about the food on the menu. For lunch, we ate at one of many other places that the Ruby Princess has available.

Every crew member that we encountered on the Ruby Princess was always smiling and always spoke. When I say every crew member, I mean every crew member!

We were on the Princess Entertainer of the Year Cruise. We considered ourselves to be lucky to be able to watch all these talented acts. We enjoyed all the shows!

The ports that we visited were Princess Cays, St. Martin, St. Thomas, and Grand Turk. We carried our own equipment and snorkeled at every port but St. Martin. We took a taxi to and snorkeled Coki Beach on St. Thomas and booked a private dive company for Grand Turk. At St. Martin, we took a taxi to Maho Beach and watched the big planes and jets land. Our favorite port for snorkeling was St. Thomas, but our most favorite port was St. Martin because it so much fun to watch the planes land. We should have taken our snorkeling equipment to Maho Beach because on that the day it was calm enough to snorkel.

We carried our own bags and did the walk-off disembarkation at 6:45 and at 7:00, we were in our car headed for home.

We had a wonderful time on the Ruby Princess! Less

Read more Ruby Princess cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Ruby Princess Review >>

Cabin review: Ruby Princess Oceanview Double with Balcony Emerald Deck C742

Cabin C742 is on the Caribe Deck and is the last cabin on the port side of the ship. It is very convenient to all dining rooms and buffet lines. This cabin is located on the other side of the ship from the Princess Theater. The huge balcony on this cabin is half sheltered and half in the sun. If you stand on the unsheltered part of the balcony, people from above can see you. The balcony has two chairs that will fold out to be loungers, two regular chairs, and a good size table. This particular cabin has a little bigger balcony that most because it is on the end. There is a little more wave action because it is on the front. It was more a shimmy. I had a Scopolamine patch so it didn't bother me at all, but it did bother my husband. At times, there was a little cabin noise, and really only on the way home. It was like a creaking sound. We found it easier to go from one end of the ship to the other by simply walking down the Caribe Deck hall. The room is a little bigger than most cabins, but the bathroom is typical cruise ship size. The closet is huge, and there were plenty of hangers. The hair dryer is not very good; I suggest that you bring your own. There is a refrigerator in the cabin. Robes, shampoo, conditioner, and lotion are provided. Fruit and ice is provided everyday.

Gran Turk is beautiful! We booked with a private dive shop to snorkel two spots. The snorkeling was just okay. It was a little rough that day and visibility was poor. We didn't see many fish. Gran Turk is a great place to play in the sun and water. We did find lots of sea glass on the beaches.

We got our tender number early and were the first ones off the boat. We went to Princess Cays with the intention of taking pictures while snorkeling. I wish that I done more research on exactly where to snorkel. The snorkeling was okay but not outstanding. Lunch was provided by Princess. It was typical beach fare. Princess Cays is a beautiful place to sun and have fun in the water.

We walked through the cruise terminal and took a taxi directly to Maho Beach. We spent the entire day there watching jets land. We got a lot of great pictures. I wish that I had taken our snorkel equipment with us because you could have snorkeled here as well.

We walked through the cruise terminal and took a taxi to Coki Beach. We arranged with the taxi driver to come back at a certain time. The snorkeling was okay. Coki Beach is beautiful! We were the only cruise ship in that day, so there were very few people there. We found lots of sea glass. On our return trip, our taxi driver took us to a beautiful spot where we had a birds-eye view of the islands. We could even see our cruise ship.
Read 2332 St. Thomas Reviews