Golden Princess Cruise Review by idimport

Cruise Date: March 2012
Embarkation: Los Angeles
Destination: Hawaii
Cabin Category: BB
See More About: Golden Princess Cruise Reviews | Hawaii Cruise Reviews | Princess Cruise Deals

Great, Relaxing Cruise
This was our 3rd Cruise with Princess. The cruise was very relaxing and we really enjoyed the entertainment and things to do while at sea. One of the reasons we chose this cruise was the amount of time at sea. Cruising over was rather rolling and I love that motion. I saw dolphins off the ship on day 2 at sea. That was great. We ate in the Crown Grill one time. My fillet was excellent and cooked just right, however the food in the dining room was very disappointing. We actually ate there only two times out of 14 days because both times the meal was really poor. The first time I received well done when ordering rare. The second time the same happened to my husband. I am a salad person so was able to have a large salad in the buffet. The buffet also allowed us to eat earlier or later depending on the show times. A suggestion, take a book or your Kindle and go early to the show and get a good seat. They fill up quickly, especially with 2600 passengers. For day events, Rachael, the Naturalist was very interesting. Go to her talks. They are very informative. The Pearl Harbor talks with Gary were really good as well. The Movies under the Stars had a good selection but were hard to hear during the day due to the noise around you at the pool. We purchased the Soda Package (well worth the cost) and I purchased one Specialty Coffee Card (well worth the cost too). Both these were worth it for convenience and variety since this is a 14 day cruise.

Our first stop was Hilo and I went ziplining. Great excursion!! Did it with Skyline Eco Adventures by Akaka Falls. Highly recommend it. You have to book on your own and rent a car to get there.(Car rental cheaper than taxi) I found them at TripAdvisor.

SPEAKING OF RENTING A CAR, GO TO THE FOLLOWING WEBSITE; THE BEST PRICES BY FAR!!! discounthawaiicarrental.com We spent $37.00 for a car rental on Maui (the guy in front of us spent $110.00) and $43 on Kauai. I only wish I had discovered it for Hilo. By far the best way to rent a car in the islands.

Honolulu was our second stop. We went to Pearl Harbor and really enjoyed it. Go early in the day if you want to go out to the USS Arizona Memorial.

Kauai was #3 and I went scuba diving with SeaSport Divers. I had to do a shore dive because of time restrictions but had a great time. This is an outstanding dive company!!

Maui was our last stop and we rented a car and drove over to Paia to go to the Volcano. We coasted down the volcano on bikes. Be sure to get bikes with fat seats if you do this. You can also zipline with Skyline Eco Adventures on this island if you don't on Hilo.

We saw whales when we were leaving Maui and Kauai and dolphins coming into Ensenada. We did not get off the ship due to crime problems there. Just not worth it. The trip itself was great. We had a balcony stateroom and enjoyed it. The crew was outstanding and the service excellent. The food was average and the dining room a big disappointment. Would I do it again?? Absolutely YES!!!

Publication Date: 04/16/12