MSC Cruises - NEVER AGAIN: MSC Fantasia Cruise Review by lulusinta
Overall Member Rating
MSC Cruises - NEVER AGAIN
Destination: Europe - Western Mediterranean
1. Dining was so-so. Service was acceptable but the food was not palatable, most of it. The theme was Italian and could have used more variety. Because of the food quality, I imagine there must have been a ton of wasted food. There were some specialty "for fee" restaurants but they were expensive. The dinner schedule was good, preventing all 4000 passengers from crowding the dining room all at the same time. The breakfast and lunch schedules could have used the same type of schedule.
2. The disembarkation procedures were chaotic and disorganized to say the least. The reception desk was inefficient and ineffectual. There was no reason for the guests to be out of the cabins at 0800 if the issuance of the passports was not done shortly after 0800.
3. Cabin service was poor. " we will send you extra pillows right now" takes an hour. Our laundry was More delivered on the eve of our disembarkation, which made disembarkation matters worse.
4. There were many rude passengers. Too much cutting in the buffet lines and even elevators. There were no rules for unruly behavior for children. Too much running noisily along the hallways.
5. Entertainment was lame although the team tried their best. There was an excellent show that was a tribute to Michael Jackson. Clearly the performers were professionals.
6. Spa services were just acceptable, nothing to write home about.
7. Tour excursion presentations were given priority over safety measures like evacuation.
1. Port excursions were organized. Clearly a money-making scheme though, but it was worth it, for the most part.
2. There was a schedule Easter service even though it was in Italian and French. Less
Cabin review: 108173
Great view. Noisy hallway.