Crown Princess Cruise Review by kenyapep

Crown Princess
Member Name: kenyapep
Cruise Date: March 2012
Destination: Southern Caribbean
See More About: Crown Princess Cruise Reviews | Southern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Princess Cruise Deals
Dining Not Rated
        10-12 1.0
        16+ 2.0

Spring Break 3/31-4/7
Flawless cruise during Spring Break! and yes with 600 kids. The ship is so large, you can find serenity somewhere.

Be patient with embarkation as Princess is remodeling their current terminal.

I have been on the Crown Princess 2 yrs ago. and still enjoy the ship. We were upgraded to a mini-suite, which was nice. Room Steward Paul was nice and greeted us EVERYDAY. Thx for the cookies, Paul. The International Cafe' is priceless, and a very best kept secret. We frequented EVERY afternoon(chicken salad, warm choc chip cookies, and mini cheesecakes) yum!

I totally agree with all hand sanitizer required areas, they should be mandatory on all ships. Some public restroom entrance doors were propped open, but who cares, you still could close your stall door. I noticed some reviews previous that people were complaining. Geez, really. Your on vacation, why complain if your preventing illnesses. Entertainment was OK. Ventriloquist was a little boring, I almost fell asleep. We just ate at the buffet every night, never used our Anytime dining.

My one complaint is the ports. I will definitely stick to the Eastern Caribbean itineraries that I love!

Besides one night into the early morning, out of the whole week, the boat was rocking. We were going thru the Windward Passage which was very windy and rough. (I was awaken to the Chapstick rolling back and forth on the counter in the middle of the night). In the morning, the TV said we were at "Near Gale" force winds and seas were 7ft. 7 ft ain't much to these ships but I know the middle of the night the sea was much more than 7 foot waves.

Publication Date: 04/15/12