Carnival Valor Cruise Review by paktwins@aol.com

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Valor Cruise Review by paktwins@aol.com
Carnival Valor
Carnival Valor
Member Name: paktwins@aol.com
Cruise Date: March 2012
Cabin Category: 8D
        3-6 3.0
        16+ 1.0
Rates 5+

I understand it was spring break but...................
Embarkation was a breeze we had no problems at all. Went straight up to Lido deck for a full buffet lunch. Our rooms were ready fairly quickly. After getting aquainted with our rooms we readied ourselves for the fire drill We were shocked that we dont have to wear our life jackets anymore. What a pleasant suprise. Sailway was up next. We sat on our decks and watched the ship deport. Pouring rain and all we took off for our spring break vacation. Our cruise was at sea for the first 2 days., It seemed like forever before we would get off. I understand that it was time to relax however being at the pool with my kids was a fight in itself. At one point I stood up from the bench I was sitting on to just look for my son and I turned around and my seat was taken. The women that pushed my towels over said to me "you snooze you lose". I knew right then and there I was in for it. I sat momentarily on an empty chaise with a dirty plate on it and I was told it was taken. I could repeat these sentences one hundred times, this was how it was the entire cruise. I have to say I thought the pools were kinda 'old style".. ladder in ladder out. RCCL had zero entry to the pools.. I enjoy that alot more than having to climb the ladder in and out. I was also not happy with the fact that all the soda was can soda.. ewww gross. I wanted tap.. nope.

Food... well its buffet food.. burgers pizza sandwichs.. We really liked the pizza and the deli sandwichs.. I guess it was because of the length of the cruise but the buffet got old. We were really tired of it by the end of the cruise. I am so sick of ice cream its not funny. Thats all everyone walks around with is an ice cream cone. I thought breakfast buffet was HORRIBLE.. the eggs are not even liquid but they have to be powder.. the were disgusting. We had the omlet service and ordered fried eggs. It was ok. We also tried the dining room for some better eggs but they were just as bad. They didnt even know how to scramble eggs. The dinners were kinda boring. Never saw the captain at any dinner service.... the waiters entertained us 2X.. The lobster was only 3 1/2 inches long yes we measured. The prime rib was less than 1/4 inch thick. They said jumbo shrimp.. uh no way were they jumbo shrimp, large shrimp at its best.I never got the soda card.. but I did order an occasional CAN once in awhile and to get the waiter over was like getting root canal. But I did finally get one. It was upsetting to see our dinners come up and sit on the counter across from us for sometimes up to 20 minutes before they would serve us. The waiter was right there and just seemed to ignore them. I definetly would do anytime seating next.. sometimes 6 pm was just to early for us especailly when getting in from a port or having a late lunch.

Our rooms were typical ship rooms. We had 2 balcony rooms and we were able to have the partition taken down which gave us a nice big one. Our steward accused us of stealing beach towels ... which we didnt and they were found in the other room. He got kinda snippy with me once or twice. Just not friendly... as I am use to. I have to say over all. I think the help was not so nice. We sat next to the captain at lunch one day and I asked him a question and he was not as friendly as I thought he should have been. I would ask the help about their home countries and they just didnt seem to want to talk about them. For the price of the cruise you cant beat it...I see what people mean when they say you get what you pay for. We had fun and it was spring break.. I just think that they have gotten far away from "taking care of the customer"... I also think the captain could have been friendlier.. saying good morning to us or letting us know we were into some bad waves and assuring us we would be ok.. I would go back on Carnival but maybe one of the newer ships and I would go back on RCCL just to see the difference..

lastly disembarkation was wonderful too. Never felt pressure or sat on long lines it went smoothly.. One more thing. I thought the shows sucked.. all of them. The comdeians were both men talking about the size of their dicks and viagara. Not funny to me.. find something else to be funny about. BOTH of them told the same jokes. Went to the 80's show and it was horrible.. bad wigs bad dancing. not worth my time..

Publication Date: 04/15/12