Emerald Princess Cruise Review by Venoma: The People you meet make it sweeter

Venoma
Member Since 2012

Compare Prices on Emerald Princess Southern Caribbean Cruises

The People you meet make it sweeter

Sail Date: March 2012
Destination: Southern Caribbean

This was my first Princess Cruise. I have only ever sailed once before on RCCL. We chose Princess because the price was right and the itinerary was awesome!

Embarkment was a breeze, I can't say enough about that, a small line up for security, but it moved so fast.

Room - Minisuite (AB)Fantastic Room Steward. He was never intrusive and attending to all our needs. The room is spacious and feels like a normal hotel room. I can't say enough about how much I LOVED the full bathtub shower. The bed was comfortable, and the room always cool enough.

Entertainment - The shows I did see (Comedians) we fantastic! I saw one production show, and didn't return. It was ok. The house band Xtasea(sp)in Club Fusion was incredible.

Food - This is where my lack of interest stepped in. I thought the dining room service was rushed and lacked appeal. Our server was so busy, but he had very large tables to serve. They never did forget the pop or wine at the table. More I found the food onboard this ship (outside of the Crown Grill and the Pizza Stand) mediocre. Sabatini's was terrible service and food. The buffet I only ate at breakfast, it was good, but lacked variety. The MDR food was like sitting thru a bad wedding banquet. The meat overcooked and sauce on EVERYTHING. The Desserts were DIVINE!!! Everyone raves about the International Cafe, I thought it was ok, I did enjoy the ham buns at 3am after a night at skywalkers though!

The absolute best part of this cruise was the lifelong friends we made. We had such a good time being in the same cruise space as them. Skywalkers Dancing, Hangover Lunch and the Aruba Beach....I wish I could go back.

My hubby and I asked eachother what cruise line we liked best, I have to go with RCCL....try it out again, and make our decision based on that. Less

Read more Emerald Princess cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Emerald Princess Review >>

Cabin review: Emerald Princess Mini-Suite with Balcony Dolphin D626

Great location to aft elevators. If a smoker, great access to the areas on the promenade deck, and Lido Deck aft. Spacious bathroom and closet. Lots of sitting space and very little rocking.

(5.5)
Another great port, it was so hot, took a city bus to the beach. Put my towel out on the sand and the whole thing cost me five dollars! (Including bus fare) Great lunch and shopping.
Read 682 Aruba Reviews

(5.5)
My favorite Stop on this itinerary. The bar at the end of the dock was great, the city is beautiful, and it was an explorers paradise. Loved it!
Read 238 Bonaire Reviews

This place was fantastic. Hired a cab and was taken on a great drive to the falls and emerald pool. A great experiance. Dominica is an untouched paradise in the rainforest. The people were fantastic!
Read 491 Dominica Reviews

A beautiful place, but really we only had five hours there....from renting the beach chairs and paying for overpriced drinks, could have just enjoyed the pier and shopping in the dock area.
Read 356 Grenada Reviews

Princess Cays was beautiful, but bypassable. Just one more port for Princess. The Cattle Call to the BBQ was a funny touch, but I could have admired it from the boat just as easy.

A great place! Took an open air taxi from the cruise port to downtown for shopping and a drink. Then walked to the other cruise ship dock to find Mo's Bar. Fantastic place for shopping!
Read 2323 St. Thomas Reviews