Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by lmorto02: Awesome overall

Member Since 2012

Compare Prices on Carnival Liberty Western Caribbean Cruises

Awesome overall

Sail Date: March 2012

Background Information: My husband & I took the kids & their wives on our first family cruise. My first experience (along with the kids) was over 10 years ago on a short 4-day to Bahamas on Carnival. That was not a good experience~ship was small, seas rough, felt sick & it monsooned! So, was very hesitant to do it again. But, SOOOO glad I did!! And now can't wait to do it again!!

Ship Info : On the Carnival Liberty. I found it to be very clean, well organized, but crowded. Pools were great, but unless you get out early, you wouldn't find a spot~same with the lounge chairs~people would put towels on & save them for hours. You really had to get out first thing.

Activities : We enjoyed the water slide & the puttputt course was really nice. We went to the gym a few times & my only suggestion would be to turn more of the equipment around so you can see out, & to extend the windows so when you are using the equipment you can see completely out in front.

Service : We More found everyone to be extremely friendly & helpful. Our steward was wonderful!

Port & Shore Excursions : We booked our own excursions after much research from tripadvisor, & I've already written reviews on those~wonderful! Cozumel was beautiful~we went on a mud buggy excursion there with WildTours. It was a lot of fun~could have used more mud puddles, but lots of fun. We didn't get to explore Cozumel, however, as the tour took most of the time. Will go back to just tour. Belize was nice, but I'm not a fan of the tender process! I cuts a couple of hours off your time on the island. There is a lot of poverty~which I knew about~but we just grabbed a taxi guy, told him what we were looking for, & he took us to Old Belize, which was great! We pretty much had the place to ourselves, our own private beach! This is a man-made facility that borders the ocean. There is a nice lagoon with a swing so that you can swing out & into the water, & a massage water slide. There is volleyball, lounge chairs, bath & changing rooms, a restaurant & store. He took us through the city & told us about the history. Was great! Roatan was a paradise!! I can't say enough about this place! We hired Christopher Tours for the day, & our guide Kevin was wonderful! He took us on a tour, showing us his island, then we ziplined with SouthShore, which was AWESOME, went to the monkey farm, which was really cool, then to the beach for snorkeling! I could have spent much more time here!! Grand Cayman, I could have done without. Way too commercialized! Beach was pretty, but way too crowded! Shops expensive. Didn't spend but about 2 hours, then went back to ship. Again, not fond of tendering.

Travel To Port of Embarkation: Flew out of Charlotte,NC on USAir. My first flight!! Was beautiful! Took lots of pictures. Very smooth~on time.

Stateroom: Very clean & roomy. Had balcony. Was really nice to be able to sit out & watch

Dining: Food on the buffet & Guy's burgers was awesome! Breakfast pretty decent too. Dining room food was not as great as it could have been, and the service was a little slow at times, but overall good. Would have liked to have seen a little more exotic foods on the "didja" menu. The alligator & shark fritters were more like a deviled crab ball. Desserts were awesome! Took a long time from start to finish, esp. if you did dessert & coffee. Ice cream & pizza bar was awesome!!

Entertainment : Probably my least favorite. Not much to choose from, & the "Broadway" type shows were sorely lacking. Comedy was hit & miss. The singer in the atrium was the same every night~wish they would of changed that up. Karl, the cruise director, was funny & entertaining.

Disembarkation: Pretty time-consuming. We just sat up on the lido deck for a few hours & waited. The worst part was trying to get a van/taxi. Took forever!
Summary: Overall, awesome experience that we all thoroughly enjoyed! No real complaints at all. The ocean was like glass most of the time, & it only clouded up for about 15 minutes, at Cayman. So, PERFECT! Less

Read more Carnival Liberty cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Liberty Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Liberty Balcony Empress

Perfect! Clean! Comfortable bed! Balcony view was awesome. Quiet.

Had to tender~don't like that. Shops were very crowded, but didn't spend much time there. Went to Old Belize~thought that was wonderful! No one was there~had a terrific lunch, then out to sun, swim, slide! Lot of poverty areas. Interesting to see the town~multiple small shops all lined up.

ATV Adventure

(4)
Cozumel was beautiful. While waiting on our tour operators to pick us up, we walked along the street & found a hotel (Barracuda), that lets you enjoy whatever you want! They had a pool, chairs, a bar, etc. & they told us to make ourselves at home. Was a beautiful place. The X-rails were lots of fun! Would have liked to not have had such a large group, as it slows you down, but was still lots of fun!

Way too commercialized! Way too crowded! Shops too crowded & expensive. Went to 7-mile beach~way too crowded! Crowded into a dirty taxi van with others~just not a good experience.

(5.5)
This is the most beautiful island ever! The people were so nice! Hired Kevin from Christopher tours. A/C, clean private van. Took us where ever we wanted. Showed us the island, history, etc. Zip lined~incredible!! Monkey farm~so cute! Then to beach for snorkeling. Absolutely awesome experience! Just not long enough!!
Read 1642 Roatan Reviews