Carnival Splendor Cruise Review by figlady

Dining 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+
        16+ 2.0

Great 1st Time Cruise
1st time cruise with 4 other families. Teenagers and adults had a great time. We did it all and would do it again.

Loved our room. The balcony was an asset and we would prop open the door to hear the ocean. Service was great and the room was cleaned up to 3 times a day and attention to detail. I always asked for more ice and on the second day I never had to ask, but found it already stocked daily. Clean and comfortable.

Food was great. Tried new things and loved the standbys. We never ate the same thing twice, and wish we did. The sushi was great and the Mongolian in the buffet line amazing. We ate in the Golden Pearl everynight and food and service was top notch! Steak and lobster to frog legs and alligator. The desert was amazing and everynight there was something new. My husband is diabetic and even multiple sugarfree or low sugar choices nightly. Teenagers loved the menu also and a hamburger is a must try...We loved our late seating at 8:15pm.

Took lots of pictures and on board photographers wer great. We took formal family pictures on formal nights and they turned out great. We hadnt done that in years and for 21.99 per picture very reasonable. Pick the ones you like and leave the rest. Great options and backgrounds.

Cabo San Lucas 2 days - First day we just walked around and ate at the Office. Too many people for my taste, but we road on the "Sex Machine" water taxi which was an adventure and were able to go to Lovers Beach and her dropped us an dpicked us up from the resturant. Lots of vendors pushing the local goods at you all day was not my favorite part and I would skip that next time. Second Day was great! Booked on cruise snorkeling day and got from the dock to the catamaran. Great day, lots of fish to see. Beautiful sail and llunch was great. Service on board was friendly and ample. I would do this again.

PortaVallarta 1 day - Took taxi for a tour and shopped the local market. Our driver was great, friendly and showed us the sites. Beautiful city and the tequilla was great! Try coffee tequilla!

Onboard Shows - A must see and if you miss them live you can watch them on your cabin TV. Comidians also had shows for the family and adult sector...great after dinner shows.

I was alittle nervouse becasue this was our first cruise but I would do it again. We loved it! and felt relaxed and comfortable. I never was boared even on sea days and was relaxed which I admit isnt easy for me. I took Ginger Root and never was seasick even on windy days and miss the rocking now that I am land bound again. Teenagers loved the trip too and we are still talking about our adventure. This ship has done a great job at service, cleanliness and providing a great experience. Dont read the old reviews becasue lots of things have changed.

Have fun and wish vacation was everyday!

Publication Date: 04/13/12