Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by hobbesey

Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Entertainment 5+
        7-9 5+

Family Friendly Cruise
This is the second time my family was on an Oasis class with Royal Caribbean. People ask me do you feel like you are with thousands of people. I said the only time I ever feel that way is when maybe a show lets out and you want to get an elevator. Overall, the personal service is what makes the difference.

My family went on the Oasis last year and the Allure is basically the same ship with a few differences. The biggest difference this year was more Dreamwork characters experiences. I have a young daughter who is 7 years old and is in love with the Penguins of Madagascar (like her father). Last year, I felt I was always guessing trying to find the characters and they were limited. This year, every day, they listed exactly who would be where and what time, and I can say they were out more often. The character breakfasts are great because they go to every single table and take pictures with every kid. As I said, this year, there were more opportunities at other times to get pictures and interact with the characters. My daughter got to spend a great deal of time with Mort. She was thrilled each and every time.

In addition, the shows they had were very family friendly in most cases. The aqua show with the diving and such is always great to watch. The other shows in most cases were something I could take my daughter to also to enjoy so it was good for adults and kids.

Last year we had a stateroom that had a bunk bed that dropped from the ceiling. This year to get an adjoining room we had a sofa turned into a bed. I have to say it was a very big bed for such a little girl. I was amazed at the size it converted. Our room attendent was Dwight from Jamaica, and he truly pulled out all the stops to make it special for her. It wasn't just the towel animals, it was the little things from extra chocolates in a design for her or just how friendly he was with her as he really wanted to listen to a prattling 7 year old. The balcony was very nice and with the space opened between the two rooms made it a large balcony for everyone to enjoy.

Since we cruise with extended family we usually do dinner all together in the main dining room. The service, of course, was exceptional. The meals overall were very good. It is not 5 star cuisine but is better than good. My only complaint is they need more chocolate desserts. It was a running gag with my family as I am a chocoholic. But of course, there are plenty of other places to get chocolate on the ship.

The one downside I felt was the itenary. We wanted to do something different from last year so we did Eastern Caribbean. Just because of geography, you hit a port the first day. Then, you have two days at sea to return. It is always nice to have the first day at sea to just relax and have that formal night. The first day on the ship we had the formal night. My daugher loves formal night as she loves to get dressed. I would definitely prefer the first day at sea, and alternating ports like the Western Caribbean.

One of the differences between the Allure and the Oasis is the Allure has a hot dog house. It was good for a quick snack. Also if you are into Starbucks, you can have your coffee fix.

I would definitely do an Oasis class on Royal Caribbean again.

Publication Date: 04/12/12