MSC Poesia Cruise Review by keith goodlad: Lets be realistic on reviews

keith goodlad
0 Post

Compare Prices on MSC Poesia Transatlantic Cruises

Lets be realistic on reviews

Sail Date: March 2012
Destination: Transatlantic

We actually had 2 different cabins Grade 11 for two loops of the Caribbean then Grade 12 suite foe the transatlantic section.
Some of the recent negative reviews have commented on a lack of cleanliness- I can only say they must have been on a different ship to me. Admittedly two of the adverse reviews were from Inside cabins who will have paid the lowest price. The whole ship was being continuously cleaned.
Food not being warm- I had this fear from a cruise on Magnifica when it had just been introduced. This time totally unfounded food was hot at both breakfast and dinner. Admittedly we do not use the cafeteria(we referred to it as the "smash and Grab" mainly because of the lack of manners of people grabbing food as if they were never going to eat again).
Entertainment- I do not like the animators but you don't need to get involved but lots of people do.
Bands were a little disappointing Pigalle very latin Ok if you are a good dancer I am not. Zebra Good for first 2 More weeks when there was a band plus the duo as make weight. On transatlantic we lost the band which was when we needed more rather than less musical options. Jazz singer Ok the Jazz saxophonist good. Pianist and classical trio were what you expect.
Ships appearance great, A bit full second week but that was spring break when there was bound to be a higher proportion of children- what do you expect.
Lets be realistic it is not Cunard or Regent or even P and O but you are not paying those prices.
My only real problem was that on the first week the line had sold 1200+ to a group Holistic Holidays at Sea who took over parts of the ship and dining rooms. Even the library did not exist as it became a shop for their propaganda.
Overall we had a good experience and it was value for money. The contrast in opinions on reviews cause me to come to the conclusion that some of the very negative reviews expect to pay for a fiat but get a ferrari. Yes I agree terminal 4 at Port Everglades is no more than a dismal shed and that US immigration supplying only 3 or 4 people does mean that is a mess but is that the cruise lines fault. No more than waiting 90 mins to clear immigration at Miami Airport. That does make me wonder whether US citizens would tolerate that in another country. Yes the late arrival for reasons unknown on 17th did put pressure on the discharge process as people had planes to catch and the worst elements of Human nature came to the fore Less

Read more MSC Poesia cruise reviews >>