“Celebrity does not dissapoint”
Cruise review of Celebrity Eclipse

goblue1963 Celebrity Eclipse 5 Celebrity does not dissapoint
goblue1963
Member Since 2012
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
We sailed March 31 out of Miami. The embarkation process was very smooth - as always. We are not concierge class and did not need to be to get the same service and quick embarkation. This is our 3rd celebrity cruise. First, despite a most recent review - the rooms were very spacious - especially if you have tried other lines. The sleek modern look, with plenty of space, was perfect, if you are a couple, perhaps small if you have children. We packed 2 large bags and a garment bag and had plenty of room to store things. The public areas were very clean and our room was always timely cleaned and well kept by the attentive staff. Our room felt larger because of the balcony perhaps but even without, it was very nice. The modern touches to the cabin made you feel as if you were in a very nice hotel - curved shower and a basin style sink. The bed felt larger than a queen. The staff always seemed happy to be there and were always polite, smiling and happy. I am one who thinks that if you are nice and smile first, they smile back and are friendly. Perhaps if you are a stiff or stoic person who expects everyone to smile and wave at you, then perhaps travel in any type is not for you. The entertainment was very good. The singing group - uncommon ground - were spectacular. Perhaps the general singing/dancing group were not Broadway caliber but were still great. The ship had live entertainment all over the ship as well as plenty to do. There was the disco, the shops, the hot-glass show, the pools, casino and on and on. They had a retired NFL referee who was awesome in several presentations. The comic - which we actually saw on an earlier celebrity cruise - is still funny. I wish he could be more R rated because I think he would be even better. He was on late-night which was fine by us - why not stay up late on vacation! Enjoy it! The food - as always above expectations. The oceanview cafe - buffet - was always clean and well-stocked with plenty of offerings. The sushi is even good on this ship! The main dining room had great meals to choose from nightly to choose from and were never under par. My wife who is originally from the Caribbean, said the jerk chicken was some of the best she ever ate. The ship was at capacity but we never felt cramped or crowded in any space or restaurant. Don't miss the martini bar either! Specialty restaurants - don't miss Murano - wow is all I can say. Qusine was very neat, a little complicated to understand but overall was better than expected. The only fault I could find - and this is not even related to the cruise - is that we went during spring break because my wife is a teacher. There were too many kids running around for our taste. Overall - we expect what we paid for and got it and this is every celebrity cruise we take. We are a middle-class couple and don't spend money on suites and concierge class etc and we are always happy with celebrity. We spend our money wisely and feel the money is worth it. We have tried Carnival and RC and will never go back. RC is good but Celebrity is better. We booked our Med sea cruise for next year on the newest ship Reflection. We cannot wait! ENJOY and don't worry about one or two negative reviews - if the largest population agree, go with that. Some people are never happy and sometimes people have unexpected bad experiences which are not necessarily the cruise lines fault. Oh, and the ports were good - water was awesome and warm.
Celebrity Eclipse Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Deluxe Veranda 2A

2A7161
Our cabin was near the elevator but on the opposite side of the dining rooms - which made it a longer walk but no big deal. I wish we were one floor up because the view had the lifeboats in it but again, no big deal. We sat outside and eat, watched the waves and the sun. The room was clean, spacious and the hallway was always quiet despite the nearby elevator and stairs.

Helmet Dive
Beautiful island! Clear water. The temps were hotter than San Juan and St. Thomas but a beautiful island. Don't miss. My wife did this as she can't swim. She said it was the best experience ever. The staff took great care of her and the photos they took looked really great.
Sailing
I am a sailor and to race on an actual 12 meter Americas cup boat was a once in a lifetime experience. The captain and crew were great. They told you what to do and you did it! I was lucky enough to sail on Stars and Stripes and the feeling of being on the boat Dennis Connor won the cup on, was exhilarating.
Published 04/11/12
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Celebrity Eclipse Review
Celebrity Eclipse Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?